New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Looking to buying screen protector for my ipod nano 7th gen, have questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hydralisk86

Hydralisk86 is on a distinguished road

So here are some screen protectors i want to buy for the apple ipod nano 7th gen

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Apple iPod Nano 7th Generation 7G Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty (2-PACK): MP3 Players & Accessories

My question is, is it possible for the solution which is sprayed to go inside the tiny spaces where the buttons are? i don't want to spray my Ipod Nano while applying the screen protectors, and have it damaged because the solution went through the buttons.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

The wet application skins - work best with a lot of moisture. I tend to apply them in the bathroom with the shower on full steam - so that there is condensation. I've applied wet to 3 iPads and 4 iPhones with no problems - but I am careful.

That being said - the way these things should work - is you spray the protector, not the device - but it is still a lot of liquid around electronics. I've had no problems so far (knock on wood)

If you are not familiar with the application - I would recommend seeing if your local mall has a Zagg or Ghostshield kiosk - those guys will do the install for you - for a fee - and you can see how it is done.
Find Ghost Armor Locations and Carbon Fiber Skin Installation Kiosks | Ghost Armor

Zagg's search is hard to use - click this link (hopefully you are in the US)
Retail Locations
You will see tx at the end of the link once clicked. Just replace with your state's two letter code to see if there is a kiosk in your state.
QUOTE Thanks
Hydralisk86

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLasston View Post
The wet application skins - work best with a lot of moisture. I tend to apply them in the bathroom with the shower on full steam - so that there is condensation. I've applied wet to 3 iPads and 4 iPhones with no problems - but I am careful.

That being said - the way these things should work - is you spray the protector, not the device - but it is still a lot of liquid around electronics. I've had no problems so far (knock on wood)

If you are not familiar with the application - I would recommend seeing if your local mall has a Zagg or Ghostshield kiosk - those guys will do the install for you - for a fee - and you can see how it is done.
Find Ghost Armor Locations and Carbon Fiber Skin Installation Kiosks | Ghost Armor

Zagg's search is hard to use - click this link (hopefully you are in the US)
Retail Locations
You will see tx at the end of the link once clicked. Just replace with your state's two letter code to see if there is a kiosk in your state.
Another question i have is, the description says, "Smooth, non-sticky surface with patented layer of UV protection to prevent "yellowing" What "Yellowing" is being prevented? The yellowing of the screen protector, or the yellowing of the Ipod screen?
QUOTE Thanks
Hydralisk86

Lastly, the screen protectors that use a spray liquid-Are they superior than the sticky screen protectors?
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

These protectors - if they are cheaply made - can be affected by sunlight. Below is a car protector but it is pretty much the same stuff.

The liquid vs sticky is a debate. If you do it right - the liquid seem easier to install without bubbles - but both are hard to install. There are some - that only stick around the edges for iPads - but I haven't seen anything like that for the smaller screens. Personally - after figuring out the whole - install it in the bathroom with the shower on trick - I find the liquid install to be better - but as I said it is a lot of moisture around electronics.
QUOTE Thanks
Hydralisk86

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLasston View Post
These protectors - if they are cheaply made - can be affected by sunlight. Below is a car protector but it is pretty much the same stuff.

The liquid vs sticky is a debate. If you do it right - the liquid seem easier to install without bubbles - but both are hard to install. There are some - that only stick around the edges for iPads - but I haven't seen anything like that for the smaller screens. Personally - after figuring out the whole - install it in the bathroom with the shower on trick - I find the liquid install to be better - but as I said it is a lot of moisture around electronics.
But if the screen protector description says, "Smooth, non-sticky surface with patented layer of UV protection to prevent "yellowing"," it's talking about the screen protector itself becoming yellow, right? If that's the case, i don't really care, as long as the screen is fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod freezes iTunes every time it gets plugged in | iPod touch 4th gen headphone logic board connector »