New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

which iPod should I get?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dwhygienist

dwhygienist is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.7GHz 21" iMac I5 8GB ram, 1Tb memory , iPad firs gen 64 gig , iPod touch 5 32 gig

I got some holiday bonuses and in a moment of (well deserved) selfishness decided to buy myself an iPod because I can connect via usb to my car and listen to iTines from my iPad but that is a bit bulky. When i play games and music on my phone, it drains the battery life like mad.
Now i am torn between tha iPod touch 4th or 5th gen. I would get a 32 gig . Anybody go from the the Nano or 4th gen touch to the 5th gen and have any feedback?
Thanks and happy holidays
QUOTE Thanks
DavidHH

DavidHH has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini

If it truly is just for music then why not the Nano and enjoy many days of music on one charge.

DavidH
QUOTE Thanks
dwhygienist

Mac Specs: 2.7GHz 21" iMac I5 8GB ram, 1Tb memory , iPad firs gen 64 gig , iPod touch 5 32 gig

That is the plans I started out with then thought of playing games on it, then I would need a touch- but I think I may go with a nano. We are going to one of the few shopping malls open 12/25 ( in atlantic city,nj ) The Apple store is open too- Do you know if it is possible to connect between an iPad and iPod ( with the 30 pin adaptor) or do I have to transfer pictures and iTunes via the computer only. ?
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhygienist View Post
Do you know if it is possible to connect between an iPad and iPod ( with the 30 pin adaptor) or do I have to transfer pictures and iTunes via the computer only. ?
thanks
You can only connect and transfer via iTunes.

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
dwhygienist

Well, i went with the iPod touch 5 32g- I just knew I would have buyer's remorse and had the $$ to go big
QUOTE Thanks
Guitar John

Guitar John is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBA 2011, 1.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB

I bought for my wife, who is also a Dental Hygienist, a new iPod nano for Christmas. It's primarily for listening to music. Seems handy, small and light. It holds 16 GB.

Enjoy the new iPod touch.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adding songs to iPod Classic with iTunes 11? | Can't sync iPod to car »