New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

ipod touch 4g battery indicator shows incorrect information

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

subinsplace

subinsplace is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have recently bought an Ipod touch 4g.. os: 5.0.1. I have tried finding a solution to this problem but couldnt find any info about it anywhere.
the problem is my battery indicator shows wrong information.while listening to music it shows proper percentage.and if i turn on a game, the percentage drops rapidly.then if i close the game and lock the screen then the battery percentage gets increased again.
it's showing wrong battery information almost always. "20% battery remaining" pops up whenever i use an app for 5/10mins. then after closing the app it shows an increased percentage! it's very confusing. do u think something is wrong with my battery or is it the ios?
i don't think the battery is malfunctioning as it works perfectly normal when i listen to music and also percentage gets increased as soon as i close an app other than music.
please help me out. I have already ordered a new battery as a backup
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Hello and welcome,
Battery indicators can be notoriously fickle, particularly if it's not a 'smart' battery similar to the ones you would find in a macbook. Then again it could be an indication that it's not taking a charge properly so you are right to be on guard. Those gaming apps really do suck some juice though.

If things aren't working as they are you might want to perform a restore back to factory settings through iTunes, do a full sync and see if it stabilises. Back everything up first though.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I agree with Pendlewitch that battery run-time is not a precise science. Most devices have some mechanism for "guessing" as to how much runtime your battery has, but it takes time to learn your usage patterns and how the battery reacts to them.

You may try "calibrating" your battery, by starting with a full charge, using the device until it turns itself off and then letting it sit and fully charging before using it again. This should help make the runtime indicator more accurate.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Film won't copy to iPod | iPod nano 4th generation »