New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod classic not showing up on iTunes?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ipadsandmac

ipadsandmac is on a distinguished road

I wanted to sync my old iPod classic to a 2011 MBP i got, but itunes said it was on the wrong account, wiped the whole thing after I clicked "erase & sync", and the little icon wouldn't show up on the sidebar, so I cant manually add them back. it does show up in finder though. what should I do?
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed, and that your iPod is directly plugged into
your MBP.

If the problem persists, try restarting both the iPod and the MBP.

SM

QUOTE Thanks
ipadsandmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed, and that your iPod is directly plugged into
your MBP.

If the problem persists, try restarting both the iPod and the MBP.

SM
I tried, and it's still not working, synching, or showing up in iTunes in the sidebar , but thanks anyways

ps. I think it may be time for a new iPod though, this is an '06 model.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Well certainly it's time for a newer one, but that still doesn't explain why it's not showing up.

Does the old iPod hold a charge, or work normally independent of the computer? If it's just a case that the battery's dead ...
QUOTE Thanks
ipadsandmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Well certainly it's time for a newer one, but that still doesn't explain why it's not showing up.

Does the old iPod hold a charge, or work normally independent of the computer? If it's just a case that the battery's dead ...
Thanks for the info, I got it working with all my music after synching it with my iMac, and I decided its iTunes problem because my iPad won't show up on the MacBook either
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Just as a check, I located my old third-gen (2005) iPod, charged the battery and connected it to iTunes using a Firewire to 30-pin cable. Still works perfectly!! Colour me surprised.
QUOTE Thanks
Bookshelf

Bookshelf is on a distinguished road

When all else fails. You can reboot your ipod using the scroll wheel (when its not connected)
(Apple's web page will have the procedures for your model).
That should wipe everything. Then try syncing it.
You'll have to reload all your files
but that should clear the problem
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipod classic new battery procedure | Ipod classic and AIFF »