New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

So how did they do this and how can it be undone?

Thread Closed

MacUser_88905

MacUser_88905 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: OS X MacBook White

First of before I get more comments on this being a lost and found item. Please do not bother to comment on that, for this is not my doing. I am just interested on how this works.

So how did they do this and how can it be undone?

A friend showed this to me. They found this iTouch and said they were able to look at all files and everything was working normally. The next day this showed up "iPod Disabled try again in 22,415,234 minutes".wow 42 years until you can unlock it AHHA Ok that's funny, now it's just a very expensive paper weight. So they tried connecting to iTunes and setting it back to factory settings, turning it on and off, and anything else you can do with out hacking it. They can turn it on and off just fine but get this screen once it boots up. It can die and be charged and still go back to this screen. I'm guessing this is a Find My iPod/Phone App hack? Or a Jail break hack once it connects to a network? I wonder if they have the camera set to on all the time to record people being frustrated with it!? ahha

What do you think and dose anyone know how to set it back to factory settings?
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacUser_88905 View Post
A friend showed this to me. They found this iTouch and said they were able to look at all files and everything was working normally. The next day this showed up "iPod Disabled try again in 22,415,234 minutes"
Ok, let's just stop right there. They FOUND the iPod. FOUND it. It's not theirs. It's disabled because the owner did so remotely. Do the right thing and turn it in to Lost and Found at the place it was found, or to the police.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
MacUser_88905

MacUser_88905 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: OS X MacBook White

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
Ok, let's just stop right there. They FOUND the iPod. FOUND it. It's not theirs. It's disabled because the owner did so remotely. Do the right thing and turn it in to Lost and Found at the place it was found, or to the police.

Well obviously, It's not my issue to deal with. I'm more interested on how this works.
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I don't see this bread going anywhere worthwhile as the best advice has been given.
Thread closed.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Closed

« my ipod classic not working at all | Will it happen anytime soon?? »