New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

3rd Party Battery Replacement Services

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TDRock

TDRock is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & Powerbook G4 12" G4 1.5 also iPod Touch 32

What are people's experiences with them?

VENT: I have a 3rd Gen 15G pod that I am giving to someone so I wanted to replace the battery for her. I sent it to iPodresq, and they're just a !@$%^ mess. I sent it in THEIR packaging with THEIR label on 12/8. Took it to a DHL drop off so there was no issue. They received it on 12/9. They are supposed to replace the battery and send it right back to you via overnight service. On 12/14 I still hadn't even HEARD anything let alone received my pod so I sent and email. No response. So then I call them. Oh we'll call you back. No return call. Today I call them up guns blazing and I get the customer service manager this time; turns out they shipped my pod to someone else and had to recall it. :mad: To their credit, they are giving me a full refund (Well, kinda to their credit. They offered me a refund on shipping only and I was like try again...), but D@MN. At this point I'm not going to get this thing until next Tuesday at the earliest which is a far cry from the 2-day turnaround I was paying for. And then I need to ship it to the person I'm giving it to in time for Christmas which means thanks to them I will now need to pay for expedited shipping. D@mn D@mn D@MN.

QUESTION: What other services are there? Anyone used ipodjuice.com? How are they? In fact, I heard Apple dropped it's prices so how does their Battery replacement work? Can I just go to an Apple store? I have another 3rd Gen I want to replace the battery on and I DO NOT want to go through this experience again.

Thanks for listening and for any advice.

- Tania :black:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod video external power? | iPod Artwork not showing up »