New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iTunes songs skipping like a bad CD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scottie924

scottie924 is on a distinguished road

I have had a problem with itunes basically studdering when playing some songs. It plays slower too. To make sure it wasn't the file I palyed it in quicktime 7.0.3. I played the same file at the same time and quicktime played it normally and fine. The iTunes one became further and further behind as it kept skipping, or adding quick breaks as the file kept playing. I also noticed that while the file is playing in iTunes, that it will play normaly if I right click and have a menu pop up, or from the toolbar at the top, or if I do what would be a right click, down below the song where nothing is selected. I don't know why this would affect it at all but it seems to. I have all the most recent iTunes and OS X. I have restarted my computer. Also file location does not seem to be a difference. They are all on my internal drive. I have a few widgets that interact with iTunes; PearLyrics .5, iTunes Stats .2 Beta, iTunes Connection Monitor. I have tried to list everything that I think might be an issue and would appreaciate any help that anyone has to offer. I reinstalled iTunes as well with nothing changing. It is like there are a d d e d b r e a k s w h i l e t h e s o n g p l a y s s o i t t a k e s l o n g e r t o p l a y a n d a s y o u c a n s e e , i s a l s o q u i t e a n n o y i n g . Help please! I also have two ipods, a 3G, with the buttons above the scroll wheel, and a 60GB ipod video.
QUOTE Thanks
scottie924

Just a quick note, it seemed to have become less frequent or stopped after restarted, but this isn't the first time I've restarted, so it will come back. Just want to know what the cause of it could be.
QUOTE Thanks
scottie924

After the restart I noticed that it started the skipping agian after I loaded the wigets. So I would think it is one of them causing the problem. I don't know which one, it will take some opening and closing to figure out.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What Mac model do you have? What version of OSX? Also how much Memory (RAM) do you have in your Mac? If you are running Tiger which I suspect from the Widgets comment and have say a Mini with 256 Megs RAM, iTunes will skip when other applications are running and you run out of memory. My mini did the day I bought it with say Safari and Mail and iChat going as it was out of free RAM. The fact it does it when you load Widgets shows me that is what is going on.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod video 30g and battery life | iPod Nano help!! »