New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Please help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Random_Person

Random_Person is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" i5 Macbook Pro

ok, so my iPod touch screen was getting grungy with fingerprints and u know what i mean. so i used paper towels, wet first then wiped it dry. but that gave it slight scratches, so stupid me decided to use CLEAN toilet paper that's wet to clean the screen and the little stands came off so i used paper towel again and then the sratches became visible and it looks terrible! and the back looks even worse!!! anything would be helpful!

- A Person
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Person View Post
ok, so my iPod touch screen was getting grungy with fingerprints and u know what i mean. so i used paper towels, wet first then wiped it dry. but that gave it slight scratches, so stupid me decided to use CLEAN toilet paper that's wet to clean the screen and the little stands came off so i used paper towel again and then the sratches became visible and it looks terrible! and the back looks even worse!!! anything would be helpful!
I rather doubt that a paper towel gave it scratches. What I use is a lint-free cloth intended for computer screen and TV sets. If you use a cleaner, use something intended for computer/TV sets.. spray it on the cloth, not the iPod itself, then wipe it down. You can get a kit with the right cloth and cleaner at any electronics/computer shop.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Random_Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
I rather doubt that a paper towel gave it scratches. What I use is a lint-free cloth intended for computer screen and TV sets. If you use a cleaner, use something intended for computer/TV sets.. spray it on the cloth, not the iPod itself, then wipe it down. You can get a kit with the right cloth and cleaner at any electronics/computer shop.
i used the thick kind not so soft

- A Person
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Random-Person,
It was likely that it was scratched before you cleaned it. Cleaning off the finger grease patina has exposed the scratches. Paper towel/tissues particularly kitchen roll have small particles of wood chip and pulp in them which can act as abrasive on polished surfaces etc. Get a kit as lifeisabeach suggests and polish them out.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
Random_Person

suggest a good kit?

- A Person
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Sodium Bicarb very sparingly with water and a lint free cloth (scrap of an old comfy tee shirt).
Mer Car polish and a cloth as above
Very mild toothpaste and a cloth as above

Any of these will polish clear acrylic and similar surfaces to the iPod to a fine detail but do not overdo it.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes: The Disc Burner is Busy | Recording drums app plus song output off of ipod touch »