New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Ipod Touch White Screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sc0tty

Sc0tty is on a distinguished road

I just got an iPod touch 4th generation 32GB about a week ago. When I purchased it I was told the power button would sometimes not work. I didn't think this was an issue as I generally turn the device on with the home button. I tested the iPod before I bought it and found that there was no problem with the power button. I could not test the home button because he reset it. So later when I connected it to my computer I found that it was actually the home button that was none functional. So I bought a new home button and replaced it. Unfortunately when I replaced it I used some really cheap adhesive to put it back together. So I had to keep on opening it and "fixing" the adhesive so that the iPod would stay together. I had ordered new adhesive and so I opened the iPod for what I presumed would be the last time. I was however wrong. When I went to close the iPod and connect the screen I accidentally broke the connector on the PCB. I was able to buy another screen connector and solder it back onto the board, however I now getting a white screen. When I was soldering on the connector I did accidentally bridge two of the pins, and yes I still had the battery in the device . It connects to the computer fine, and when I plug it into the wall it makes the noise it normally does when it is being charged. I tried to slide my finger across the screen to see if it would unlock even though the screen was not connected but it did not work. Even though I am constantly moving my finger around the screen, it will just go into sleep mode like the touch screen isn't working. Is there any hope for this thing? I have just about renounced it dead, but though I would give this forum a try.
Thanks, Scott
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

Contact apple they may be nice and replace it for free. The most that they can do is say no.
QUOTE Thanks
Sc0tty

Sc0tty is on a distinguished road

It is out of warranty so I highly doubt they will. I might try it anyway just to see if they will.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod touch reboots when charging. | Urgent.... Help Please!! »