need help with ipod
    hey i have an ipod 4th gen, i have some music on it that i put on it on my dads macbook. i am wondering what will happen if i sync it to my new windows computer. will it delete all my music? or will it add the music to my itunes library. they are all MP3 files.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    It will want to wipe and re-sync with your new computer.

Why not simply take the music files from your dad's MacBook on let's say a thumb drive and add them to your PC's iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    It will want to wipe and re-sync with your new computer.

Why not simply take the music files from your dad's MacBook on let's say a thumb drive and add them to your PC's iTunes?
    i am in a different country so that wont be happening. i tried to put the music on a usb drive when i was still there but Mac + itunes wont let me copy the i tunes library onto a drive for some reason.

is there a way i can take the mp3 files off the ipod before i sync it? i am using windows 7

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Yes, there is. I'd suggest Phone to PC, which costs a small fee (don't recall how much -- $20-30 I think) but does the job perfectly -- will transfer not just the music but the ratings, the playlists, the play counts, photos, videos everything.

Specs:
    13 inch 2012 Air
    there are alot cheaper options then that and they work just as good. just google transfer music from ipod to pc and you should find lots of options.

i downloaded a free third party program which did it easy thanks guys it worked

Thread Information