New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iCleaner vs Brasso for cleaning your iPod and iPod nano

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

parrott

parrott is on a distinguished road

I noticed it seems to have died down now that Apple have admitted some nano were faulty. But some people still have normal iPod nano that need a bit of a polish up. So I thought I would start a thread on cleaning your iPod and iPod nano. I started on mine and can cont here.
Brasso or iCleaner for iPod polishing?
QUOTE Thanks
snausages

snausages is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

I think Brasso can screw things up even more. I didn't use it on my iPod (it's still too new) but I did try it out on a CD. Some people will tell you it can fix minor scratches. It didn't work for me, though - I may have used it wrong.

Also, I don't think I'd ever pour something as nasty as Brasso on an iPod or any other electronical device. That stuff is well suited for jewelry and such, but not for something too delicate. Just my opinion.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I've used Brasso a couple of times on my iBook. Yes, it does clear up minor scratches, but not the deep ones. Brasso is effective, but you really have to work it in good. Just rub it in for a while and with pressure.
QUOTE Thanks
parrott

parrott is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat
I've used Brasso a couple of times on my iBook. Yes, it does clear up minor scratches, but not the deep ones. Brasso is effective, but you really have to work it in good. Just rub it in for a while and with pressure.
I now agree. The full story again is on my blog but it worked so hard on it last night on my iPod and only the minor scratches really moved. But it was better than nothing and is alot cheaper than iCleaner even it is doesnt do such a great job.

Brasso vs iCleaner for iPod and nano
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video Podcasts | My thoughts on the new iPod video »