New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Ipod touch 3g issues.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jaybk26

Jaybk26 is on a distinguished road

Hey I bought a 64gb ipod touch 3g about a year and a half ago, and in July it started having issues. Randomly, the ipod would just shut off, and I couldn't use it again until one of two things happened. 1.) I plugged it into my computer (itwas recognized on the computer, but the ipod's screen remained black.) and formatted it, after which it functioned as normally for anywhere between 3 hours and 3 days until it randomly shut off again. 2.) I let the battery completely drain, then I plugged it in. When i did the second one, it is as if the battery was just dead, and the screen comes right on, then it functioned as normally until it randomly shut off again. It is fully updated, and I have tried everything I could think of. Does anyone have any ideas? (I would really like to not send it in to apple) Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

It's a bad battery or a faulty circuit board. There's really nothing else it could be considering you've already tried restoring it.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaybk26

Yes, I've tried restoring it. How much would a repair for that cost me do you think?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute

iPod Touch (Gen 3) | Battery Replacement | Screen, Headphone Jack Repair

They can do a dagnostic analysis at no charge.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaybk26

What is the best way to go about that? I am several hundred miles away from the nearest apple store.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybk26 View Post
What is the best way to go about that? I am several hundred miles away from the nearest apple store.
That's a mail-in service to a 3rd party that I linked to. Their rates should be much better than Apple's.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

It's a faulty board. Have you exposed it to moisture my friends iPhone 4 did this after she dropped it in water.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to create a new playlist in itunes from songs on ipod? | Can Some one Help me fix my iTouch 1st gen? »