New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Wow I haven't been on here in eons..

I still have Apples and I'm still anti-intel as my (now) wife had a MacBook for 8 months and I watched it practically disintegrate and run like a PC. Yes, I'm probably in the .01% that still uses a 14" iBook G3 900MHz for daily use lol.

ANYWAYS,
I got my wife a 3rd generation iPod touch for her birthday. Last night I came home to her crying because she accidentally dropped the top right corner of the iPod in water. She told me it still worked for a minute and then it just shut off. Well in a frenzy to try to save the hard drive, I took the iPod apart and cracked the LCD screen. (The screen itself not the case.) I couldn't believe how wet the iPod was once I finally got everything apart! I got ****** and I "accidentally" ripped the cord that's on the top part of the screen digitizer. (My bad.)

I was mildly amazed today that the iPod turned on after I put it all back together this evening. This is where I'm at now:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...skunk37/-1.jpg

It's acting just like an iBook/PowerBook would without the DVI/VGA connector connected. My computer recognizes the iPod, all the music is still on it, it dims when I'm not trying to use it and gets brighter when I touch the power button...In fact it's still dimly lit right now.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm assuming the LCD screen is shot and replacing that would do the trick?

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You probably broke the LCD or the cable to the LCD. iFixit.com might help you find what you need.

Also an iPod Touch has no hard drive. it's all flash memory. Just a heads up.

'How you been? It's been ages!
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
You probably broke the LCD or the cable to the LCD. iFixit.com might help you find what you need.

Also an iPod Touch has no hard drive. it's all flash memory. Just a heads up.

'How you been? It's been ages!
Let's see...

I've been living in Las Vegas for the past year and 1/2, I sold my Jaguar 2 years ago, I drive a 1976 Plymouth Valiant, still have a crummy job, took up playing bass, gained 20lbs...*Shrugs* besides that nothing really lol.

I really hate new Macs tbqh. I stopped loving them after they switched to Intel and I don't like any OS past Leopard...

But I'm still me hahaha..

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone Digitizer on iPod touch 2g? | Good bass boosting headphones...? »