New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Black or White


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
iRule

 
iRule's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 23, 2005
Posts: 64
iRule is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest

iRule is offline
Ok, so now I have decided there is no point in buying the new iPod as I am never going to sit down with this big thing and watch a video. So that means the Nano. Should I get black or white, I hear that the black looks smooth and cool but it scratches easily and picks up fingerprints, most of my friends have that one and it makes it look horrible. Where as the black one I think looks good at the begininng although will get mucked up I think i would prefer the white..

Anyone got one, if so which colour and why, if not which colour would you get,


Although it does not affect the quality of the music I would like it to look good!!

Thanks in Advance

iRule
QUOTE Thanks
chouk

 
chouk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 31, 2005
Location: dodo island
Posts: 304
chouk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3

chouk is offline
i would get the white one so that it matches the ibook

QUOTE Thanks
iRule

 
iRule's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 23, 2005
Posts: 64
iRule is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest

iRule is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouk
i would get the white one so that it matches the ibook
thanks for the quick reply, im leaning towards the white at the moment although still thinking, any more opinions?
:rolleyes: ?? :black: ??
QUOTE Thanks
codyclark

 
codyclark's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Center, TX
Posts: 42
codyclark is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 12GB, 1TB; iPhone 4 32GB AT&T

codyclark is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRule
Ok, so now I have decided there is no point in buying the new iPod as I am never going to sit down with this big thing and watch a video. So that means the Nano. Should I get black or white, I hear that the black looks smooth and cool but it scratches easily and picks up fingerprints, most of my friends have that one and it makes it look horrible. Where as the black one I think looks good at the begininng although will get mucked up I think i would prefer the white..

Anyone got one, if so which colour and why, if not which colour would you get,


Although it does not affect the quality of the music I would like it to look good!!

Thanks in Advance

iRule
I have the black nano and would say go white. The black looks sweets but it does show oils and marks from your fingers. I won't say it scratches more than the white, but that it shows them better than white. My 3g ipod has alot of scratches but because it is white I can't see them well due to the color. The black does look awesome when clean and sitting in its dock!
QUOTE Thanks
iRule

 
iRule's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 23, 2005
Posts: 64
iRule is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest

iRule is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyclark
I have the black nano and would say go white. The black looks sweets but it does show oils and marks from your fingers. I won't say it scratches more than the white, but that it shows them better than white. My 3g ipod has alot of scratches but because it is white I can't see them well due to the color. The black does look awesome when clean and sitting in its dock!
thanks again, i think that pushed me to the white although still open to comments
:rolleyes:
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

 
rs2sensen's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 20, 2005
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,416
rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

rs2sensen is offline
the black would be fine, but I would get a case. it shows scratches/buffs really easy without it
QUOTE Thanks
iRule

 
iRule's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 23, 2005
Posts: 64
iRule is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest

iRule is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2sensen
the black would be fine, but I would get a case. it shows scratches/buffs really easy without it
what about an iSkin, I have heard the are good??
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

 
rs2sensen's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 20, 2005
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,416
rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

rs2sensen is offline
yeah, that'd be fine. Really anything would be. iSkin, nano tube, whatever.
QUOTE Thanks
MartinAustin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I vote for the white. As was said, they both scratch just as easily, but the white doesn't show as much. And besides, what happens to the "coolness" factor of the black when you have it in a case all the time? Just a thought.
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

 
iWonder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 09, 2005
Location: My world
Posts: 632
iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

iWonder is offline
id go with white just because its the apple color, and it matches nearly all apple product
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Yea, white for me. Looks more clinical, pure and 'clean' if you know what I mean.
QUOTE Thanks
joeytomatoes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I am getting the White. BTW the new ipod is 45 % smaller than the classic iPod.
QUOTE Thanks
Samsonite

 
Member Since: Jun 30, 2005
Posts: 97
Samsonite is on a distinguished road

Samsonite is offline
I put a Writeright (anti scratch cover for a palm pilot) on my Black nano and it doesn't get scratched anymore and it cost me $2. I am however buying a professionally made vinyl skin tommorow.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« the new ipod's casing... | playing songs from iPOD Mini in the car »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
What are some of your favorite song lyrics? D3v1L80Y Schweb's Lounge 69 08-26-2009 02:34 AM
Cat ran over keyboard and My screen has turned black and white negative... ritox Switcher Hangout 17 01-21-2009 05:30 PM
Mac display - too white? Small giraffe Apple Notebooks 8 05-07-2005 10:00 PM
Screen - too white? Small giraffe Apple Desktops 8 05-07-2005 06:23 PM
white or black keyboard? Benjamindaines Apple Desktops 9 02-11-2005 04:28 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?