New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

No Music Showing on iPod = Real Tears

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kristin.is.coy

kristin.is.coy is on a distinguished road

Hello wonderful MacForumers!

I come to you yet again begging for assistance as it seems all of my electronics are suicidal this month and is causing me some real emotional turmoil.

Here's the low-down:

I plugged my 120gb classic iPod (about 2 years old, no idea what generation that makes it, I've lost count!) last night to add some new songs, turned off my computer and unplugged my iPod after it gave me permission, same as always. Assuming everything was happy and normal I went to bed and woke up this morning to find that my iPod is showing 0 music on it at all. The odd thing is, the music is still obviously on there somewhere because it's showing that I only have 49.4gb available on the pod.

I plugged it in when I got home from work today to my Mac that it is synced to, having read online that if you reconnect it to itunes, the music will likely show up again, but had no such luck.

The first time I connected it, everything was fine, but now I'm getting a popup saying "Mac OS X can't repair the disk "Kristin's iPod". You can still open or copy files on the disk. Back up the disk and reformat it as soon as you can."

I've tried using a Pod to Mac program to at least get the music off of the iPod so I could reformat it then just put the music back on, but the music is now showing up as "other" when plugged in so it's completely useless.

It's also not reading on my PC and I'm at a loss of what to do as I don't have 90% of the music on my pod backed up due to a recently (and highly tramuatizing) broken external hard drive.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as as cliche as it sounds, music is my life, and without it the subway rides to work will surely become a new kind of he.ll.

Thanks in advance for all your help, I truly love you for it.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It sounds like the hard drive in it has died (that's a model that uses a real hard disc, not flash storage).

You can get that fixed for not outrageous sums of money, but really I think a new(er) iPod Classic is probably in your future.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wifi problem | Permanent crash cycle? »