New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Help with iPod Touch 1st Gen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wolverine451

wolverine451 is on a distinguished road

My ipod touch 1st gen wont come up. I have it plugged up to my computer but it just will not come up. can someone please give some advice.thanks in advance. also if u want to email me my email is alankitchen3atgmaildotcom
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I edited your title. A title with "help" is not going to get you much help. Also, do not use your email address in a public forum as that will draw SPAM to your account. I edited that also.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Assuming it's not been damaed from a fall, water etc . . .

If you've tried a hard boot (pressing and holding home and sleep buttons for 10+ seconds) then I sspect it's the battery that's now failed.

I have a 1st gen touch with the same issue.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
wolverine451

but my lock button is broken
QUOTE Thanks
Printerman

Printerman is a jewel in the roughPrinterman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 10.8.2, 21.5" screen.

A little grammar would be nice please.

Does your computer recognize the iPod?

-Dylan
QUOTE Thanks
wolverine451

yes it does.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Have you tried restoring it?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
wolverine451

yeah and i got it thanks alot.
QUOTE Thanks
wolverine451

ok now i have taken it apart to try and fix the wifi and now it wont ever turn on. FML
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

Could be something simple have you checked the battery clonnection and the LCD connector forgot to connect them before and had this issue.
QUOTE Thanks
wolverine451

well one of the wires (the black one) was broken and my dad sodded it back on and yes the LCD connector is connected.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro Freezes and Quits when connecting iPod Classic | iTunes on Mac..song info cube thing? »