New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Pop up blocker not working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cavaliermatt

cavaliermatt is on a distinguished road

Ok, the default pop up blocker in settings is not doing the trick for me. Is there any alternatives? I have a 3rd gen 8gb unjailbroken iPod touch.
Thank you
Matt
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

No, Not in Safari.

I've tried Atomic Web Browser, that seems to have a better pop-up blocker but . . . . to be honest if a site is throwing annoying pop-ups at me... I just just clear out and don't go back.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
snip. . . . to be honest if a site is throwing annoying pop-ups at me... I just just clear out and don't go back.
ditto

There are some sites you're just not going to find anything that will block their popups.
Those sites expend a great deal of effort making sure their stuff will get past all of the blockers.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
cavaliermatt

cavaliermatt is on a distinguished road

ok, good advice and straight through answers, thanks alot y'all two. And BTW the site was tubelplus.me I even have trouble outta this site on my macbook... Seems like I might have to find an alternative streaming site. Thanks again!!!
Matt
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AV cable doesnt work ? | 5th gen ipod "collector"????? »