New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod could not be read or written to...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

snazz

snazz is on a distinguished road

So, I recently went to the Apple store because for Christmas I got the iTouch 4G and the home button stopped working for the most part. So they decided to just give me a new iPod and sent me on my way. When I got home that night I plugged it into my MacBook and it was syncing good for the first 100 or so songs but then all of a sudden decided to bring up an error message that reads "Attempting to copy to the disk "Chelsea" failed. The disk could not be read from or written to." And then after that it pops up another warning message saying "iTunes could not copy <a song name> to the iPod "Chelsea" because the file could not be read or written." Along with those error messages it also freezes my entire computer to where I have to actually hold down the power button on my computer to shut it off, and a few times it had just automatically closed iTunes. I have tried restoring my iPod but that did not work. I have found that just unchecking the song that it says it is not able to copy allows it to keep syncing. But a lot of them are good songs that I really want. So I'm not really sure what to do. Any help would be amazing!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The song is likely corrupt and causes errors when copying or syncing. The best thing to do is download that particular song again from iTunes. Contact iTunes customer service first and ask that it be made available for download again otherwise you'll be charged a second time.

And please do not keep attempting to sync those songs which may be corrupt, as powering down your Mac with the PS button is not a good way to turn it off. Your hard drive may be damaged in the process.
QUOTE Thanks
snazz

snazz is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply chscag, I'll try that! I just find it weird that it worked on my other iPod, but not this one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transfer iPod files to formerly crashed Macbook | Cannot restore iPod I have tried everything »