08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
I put my iPod Touch through the wash last Friday. When I found it, I did NOT touch the power button; instead, I dried it in a food dehydrator overnight, and then buried it in rice for a day.
Now, it seems tantalizingly close to being fully recovered. When I connect it to my computer or to an iPod charger, nothing happens. However, if I connect it to my slightly higher-powered iPad charger, it resets (Apple screen) and then starts up. The screen displays a 3/4 battery charge, and says that it's charging. When I slide to unlock, everything works.
However, no matter how long I leave it connected, the battery still displays a 3/4 charge. And, the instant I disconnect the iPod from my iPad charger, it dies completely again. It won't mount in iTunes, and it won't start unless I reconnect it to the iPad charger.
Question: is it worth it to replace the battery? Would a completely ruined battery cause the symptoms I describe? Or, is the damage more extensive?
I'd love to hear some opinions!