New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Help getting iTunes library back on computer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LeicaM13

Hello All,

My goal was to transfer a users iTunes library to a new external drive. I was too stupid to understand and follow some steps from other threads so It seems I improvised for the worse. It seems I successfully trashed and emptied the library from the computer although the song list still shows up in iTunes. I was trying to transfer the library from the computer to a new external drive. The library never showed up in the external folder I designated in the preferences in iTunes. I think I trashed the library before consolidating in advanced. At any rate the library shows up on the computer screen but it cannot seem to find any of the songs. About the only good news is that all of the songs are still on the iPod. Can you help me to get the music to play on the computer again under a specific user and then to ultimately get that darned library onto my external drive so i can have a little space to perform some other imaging tasks.

Thanks,,

LeicaM13 :p
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

iLounge.com has a complete tutorial on moving music from an iPod to a computer: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...d-to-computer/ and they also have info on the site about relocating the music.
QUOTE Thanks
suculantoyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeicaM13
Hello All,

My goal was to transfer a users iTunes library to a new external drive. I was too stupid to understand and follow some steps from other threads so It seems I improvised for the worse. It seems I successfully trashed and emptied the library from the computer although the song list still shows up in iTunes. I was trying to transfer the library from the computer to a new external drive. The library never showed up in the external folder I designated in the preferences in iTunes. I think I trashed the library before consolidating in advanced. At any rate the library shows up on the computer screen but it cannot seem to find any of the songs. About the only good news is that all of the songs are still on the iPod. Can you help me to get the music to play on the computer again under a specific user and then to ultimately get that darned library onto my external drive so i can have a little space to perform some other imaging tasks.

Thanks,,

LeicaM13 :p

There are a variety of programs available (some pay, some free) that can transfer your ipod music library to your computer or back up drive. I used a custom automator workflow called ipod retrieve and it works great. Here's a link to it...
"http://www.resexcellence.com/app-makeovers.shtml"
QUOTE Thanks
kd_charlemagne

kd_charlemagne is on a distinguished road

try downloading "senuti" (itunes spelled backwards) it allows you to rip any and every song you want off an ipod and onto your mac. So you could just use your ipod as the external hd. btw...the best part...it's free!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Nano remote? | VERY annoying error message. »