New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Damage to iPod after first drop! :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bth44

Ugh. I've been SO careful with my iPod photo with it so far, and today, I drop it for the first time onto a linoleum floor. When I picked it up off the ground, I saw where the white plastic panel and the chrome panel separated an 1/18 of an inch on the top of one side, near the screen. I clicked it back together and then checked out the damage. Everything's okay, except for the click wheel. The click wheel will work, but it "lags". Meaning, I'll scroll through the menu or I adjust the volume, and it will stop for a fraction of a second before continuing, despite my finger swirling around on it the entire time. I'm really grumpy about it. I was thinking about resetting the iPod, but that probably wouldn't help at all. And then I was thinking about taking it apart and seeing if something was amiss underneath, but that would do more damage. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

you have an Apple store nearby?
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Quote:
Originally Posted by bth44
I was thinking about resetting the iPod, but that probably wouldn't help at all.
And you know this... how? :-)

Reset the iPod and see if it fixes the problem. You won't hurt anything by doing it, and it will probably be the first thing an Apple service person will tell you to do.

If that doesn't fix it and you're still under warranty, call Apple support and explain the situation, or head over to an Apple Store if there's one nearby.

I'd recommend against attempting to open it up-- if you're under warranty that's the sure way of ending it.
QUOTE Thanks
joeytomatoes

Apple says iPod nano flaw is limited : :
The iPod nano, has become the subject of criticism after some users complained that their iPod nano's LCD screen had cracked or become severely scratched for no apparent reason. Apple said its figures show the issue has affected less than 1/10 of 1% of the total iPod nano units that it has shipped over the last two and a half weeks.
"It is not a design issue !"
Customers with faulty iPod nano screens can call Apple [ 1-800-MY-APPLE ] to arrange for a free replacement unit, the company added.
Apple also responded to complaints that the iPod nano screens can easily scratch, but said there have been very few calls about the problem. "A few vocal customers are saying that their iPod nano is more susceptible to scratching than prior iPods. We have received very few calls from customers reporting this problem, and do not believe this is a widespread issue," Apple said.
The company added: "The iPod nano is made with the same high-quality polycarbonate plastic as the fourth-generation iPod. We suggest concerned customers use one of the iPod nano cases that are coming to market to protect the music player.
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

http://www.betanews.com/article/The_...Fix/1127940596
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod photo isync and notes | Is this possible? »