New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Transfer Music Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kylex90

kylex90 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have the 2nd generation Ipod touch and it has my full itunes library on it. Prior to yesterday I had my hp laptop and it crashed and I lost all my files. So now my library is only on my ipod touch and was wondering what programs or how to transfer my music over to my new mac book pro. A lot of my music on from cd's..ect, so not like I can just plug it in an transfer purchases. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Looking for a free program too. Senuti cost money and some programs Ive tried haven't been working with the ipod touches.

Thanks,

Kyle
QUOTE Thanks
FuzzyStorm14

FuzzyStorm14 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch

I second this request, does anyone know of a free app to transfer music from ipod touch to itunes?? Surely it exists?? having to pay to transfer my music to my own computer seems ridiculous?
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

This should help out a bit. It converse both Mac and Windows computers. How to transfer music from an iPod to your computer | How To - CNET

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

(general rant)

How come people always seem to think their music is sooooo important to them, the very core of their lives, but wouldn't spend $20 on a tool that would recover the music from their iPod back to their Mac, including playlists, album art, photos, videos, star ratings, play counts and more?

Why is it important that we help you find a FREE program to do this? Is this stuff not worth even $20 to you?

</rant>
QUOTE Thanks
FuzzyStorm14

FuzzyStorm14 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
(general rant)

How come people always seem to think their music is sooooo important to them, the very core of their lives, but wouldn't spend $20 on a tool that would recover the music from their iPod back to their Mac, including playlists, album art, photos, videos, star ratings, play counts and more?

Why is it important that we help you find a FREE program to do this? Is this stuff not worth even $20 to you?

</rant>

Well hold on, i've spent over 900 on my mac, over 200 on an ipod touch and roughly over 1000 on my music collection. Regardless on wgat this app costs, based on principle it is absolutely ludicras that we are being penilized further to do something as simple as transfering music from an ipod to a mac wghen doing the opposite (mac to ipod) is no issue what so ever! Why the **** should i be charged for something that should be built on itunes! Its a huge flaw in the whole program that too product from the same company (both of which were not cheap) cant do a simple task such as transfer files between each other!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
(general rant)

</rant>
Not saying it's the case with the op here, but:

Many of them didn't pay for the music that's sitting on their iPods to start with. And to think that they would spend $50 for a drive to backup their free stuff - like that's happening in this lifetime. What makes you think they would now all of a sudden be willing to pay for what they've never paid for before?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with iPod 2g | extract songs with ratings from ipod in diskmode »