Transfer Music Help
    Hi, I have the 2nd generation Ipod touch and it has my full itunes library on it. Prior to yesterday I had my hp laptop and it crashed and I lost all my files. So now my library is only on my ipod touch and was wondering what programs or how to transfer my music over to my new mac book pro. A lot of my music on from cd's..ect, so not like I can just plug it in an transfer purchases. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Looking for a free program too. Senuti cost money and some programs Ive tried haven't been working with the ipod touches.

Thanks,

Kyle

Specs:
    MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
    I second this request, does anyone know of a free app to transfer music from ipod touch to itunes?? Surely it exists?? having to pay to transfer my music to my own computer seems ridiculous?

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    This should help out a bit. It converse both Mac and Windows computers. How to transfer music from an iPod to your computer | How To - CNET
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    (general rant)

How come people always seem to think their music is sooooo important to them, the very core of their lives, but wouldn't spend $20 on a tool that would recover the music from their iPod back to their Mac, including playlists, album art, photos, videos, star ratings, play counts and more?

Why is it important that we help you find a FREE program to do this? Is this stuff not worth even $20 to you?

</rant>

Specs:
    MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    (general rant)

How come people always seem to think their music is sooooo important to them, the very core of their lives, but wouldn't spend $20 on a tool that would recover the music from their iPod back to their Mac, including playlists, album art, photos, videos, star ratings, play counts and more?

Why is it important that we help you find a FREE program to do this? Is this stuff not worth even $20 to you?

</rant>

Well hold on, i've spent over 900 on my mac, over 200 on an ipod touch and roughly over 1000 on my music collection. Regardless on wgat this app costs, based on principle it is absolutely ludicras that we are being penilized further to do something as simple as transfering music from an ipod to a mac wghen doing the opposite (mac to ipod) is no issue what so ever! Why the **** should i be charged for something that should be built on itunes! Its a huge flaw in the whole program that too product from the same company (both of which were not cheap) cant do a simple task such as transfer files between each other!

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    (general rant)

</rant>
    Not saying it's the case with the op here, but:

Many of them didn't pay for the music that's sitting on their iPods to start with. And to think that they would spend $50 for a drive to backup their free stuff - like that's happening in this lifetime. What makes you think they would now all of a sudden be willing to pay for what they've never paid for before?
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information