New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Having trouble updating with iPod mini

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

md3k

Ok pretty simple problem, i tried everything and nothin gworks. It just wont update, i go to the new updater 2005/09/23 and i have the option to either Update or Restore. Update is in a grey colour, it wont let me click it. My ipod is hooked into my computer and says do not disconect, if i do disconect it or safely disconect it (by using the safe disconect thing on the small icon things on the right hand bottom of the screen) it will not play. It keeps having an Apple logo and an error folder picture. Both pictures rotate back and forth, i am having alot of trouble, never had this kind of trouble before and i cannot return this ipod so i must fix it on my own. Plz any help would be very much appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
Steel02001

Could you take a couple of screen shots to help us figure this out. So it wont let you update, that is grayed out. You could restore and start from scratch but it sounds like you dont want to do that for some reason. Also play with your preferences some maybe.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Doom on iPods | New ipod before Christmas? »