British Columbia, Canada
    iMac os 10.6.7
    Question Deleting content on a 1st generation iPod
    I have 1 TB of memory available for iTunes on my Mac & my PC BUT my 1st generation iPod is full and I can't figure out how to remove any music, podcasts etc. from my iPod without deleting it from my Mac or PC. I'm sure the answer is simple but I can't find it.

2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Just uncheck the songs in iTunes and set the setting in the iPod window that appears in iTunes when you plug in your iPod. I can't remember the exact checkbox but it's something along the lines of "Only sync checked songs."
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
    Yup, make sure that "Only sync checked songs" is selected. That will let you choose which songs/playlists/etc you want to sync, instead of it trying to sync the whole library. Do the same for Movies, Podcasts, TV shows, etc (making sure "Only sync checked podcasts" is selected. This gives the most control over specifically what content is synced to the iPod Touch, and removing nothing from your computer/iTunes.

Waiting for a mate . . .
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    As with the advice above, if you want to get rid of *any* Apps, just press and hold one and they will all start to shudder with a (x). Flick through and tap the (x) of any App you want to delete and it will do it straight from the iPod. To get back to normal screen, hit the home button.
    If you cant do this, it will be bc in Settings>General>Restrictions could be enabled and the Delete Apps is checked to off

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information