New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Deleting content on a 1st generation iPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stainless

stainless is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac os 10.6.7

I have 1 TB of memory available for iTunes on my Mac & my PC BUT my 1st generation iPod is full and I can't figure out how to remove any music, podcasts etc. from my iPod without deleting it from my Mac or PC. I'm sure the answer is simple but I can't find it.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Just uncheck the songs in iTunes and set the setting in the iPod window that appears in iTunes when you plug in your iPod. I can't remember the exact checkbox but it's something along the lines of "Only sync checked songs."

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
MQAAord

MQAAord is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e

Yup, make sure that "Only sync checked songs" is selected. That will let you choose which songs/playlists/etc you want to sync, instead of it trying to sync the whole library. Do the same for Movies, Podcasts, TV shows, etc (making sure "Only sync checked podcasts" is selected. This gives the most control over specifically what content is synced to the iPod Touch, and removing nothing from your computer/iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

As with the advice above, if you want to get rid of *any* Apps, just press and hold one and they will all start to shudder with a (x). Flick through and tap the (x) of any App you want to delete and it will do it straight from the iPod. To get back to normal screen, hit the home button.
If you cant do this, it will be bc in Settings>General>Restrictions could be enabled and the Delete Apps is checked to off

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Something has gone wrong with newest Gen Ipod | Syncing iPod Touch Causes External Drive Disconnection »