New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Text messages from Ipod to Ipod ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

laura331

laura331 is on a distinguished road

I got a new ipod for my birthday, therefore i have to give my old one to my little brother. Which is perfectly fine with me. The only problem is, I have texts from my girlfriend for the last 7 months on the textfree app. And we're both so devastated that I have to let them go because its been an ongoing conversation since we got together with over a thousand texts. Is there any way I could get all of my texts onto my new ipod or is there no hope and i just have to get over it ?
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

I would think that if you do a backup of your current iPod, then set up the new iPod by restoring from your most recent backup, you should have all of your info on the new iPod.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura331 View Post
I got a new ipod for my birthday, therefore i have to give my old one to my little brother. Which is perfectly fine with me. The only problem is, I have texts from my girlfriend for the last 7 months on the textfree app. And we're both so devastated that I have to let them go because its been an ongoing conversation since we got together with over a thousand texts. Is there any way I could get all of my texts onto my new ipod or is there no hope and i just have to get over it ?
You should be able to keep them. Sync your old iPod, then set up the new one and restore it from backup. Everything should be as they were on the old. If not, you should be able to recover them using iPhone Explorer.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I am pretty sure that if you sign into text free on your new iPod it will download them to the new one
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Failed disk "Can't read from or written to" | Differnece in generations of Ipod Touch? »