New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Ipod Classic Problem (syncing)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schuette1111

schuette1111 is on a distinguished road

I've had my Ipod Classic 80 gb for about 2 years now and had no problems until the other day I tried syncing it and it ERASED all my music and >now will NOT open itunes or sync.... It just says "connected-eject before disconnecting" every time I plug it in. I've also tried restarting the ipod with no success> Please help with any suggestion/THX
QUOTE Thanks
schuette1111

ANY1
I just took it to best buy ( geek squad ) and they reset it as I did and said to update/ buy new 1 ? I have basically the newest version of the classic and I need a 80gb ipod for all my music sooooo I would like to avoid just tossing this and getting the same thing again... Should I conntact apple or send it to them?
QUOTE Thanks
schuette1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuette1111 View Post
I've had my Ipod Classic 80 gb for about 2 years now and had no problems until the other day I tried syncing it and it ERASED all my music and >now will NOT open itunes or sync.... It just says "connected-eject before disconnecting" every time I plug it in. I've also tried restarting the ipod with no success> Please help with any suggestion/THX

ANY1
I just took it to best buy ( geek squad ) and they reset it as I did and said to update/ buy new 1 ? I have basically the newest version of the classic and I need a 80gb ipod for all my music sooooo I would like to avoid just tossing this and getting the same thing again... Should I conntact apple or send it to them?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It's out of warranty, so there's nothing Apple is going to do for you unless you had Applecare on it, so the answer would in fact be "go get a new one."

I'm not sure I understand how you lost any of your music, however. The iPod syncs from your iTunes Library, so all the tunes that were on it must logically also be on your computer. So you shouldn't have lost any music at all.
QUOTE Thanks
schuette1111

That SUCKS! I have all my music in tunes - it just took all my music and cleared it off the ipod> my iphone - nano - and shuffle all still work with itunes but the classic is no being recognized?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Differnece in generations of Ipod Touch? | Something has gone wrong with newest Gen Ipod »