New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Organizing correct album order

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mags103

Mags103 is on a distinguished road

I am trying to organize the Beatles discography, but I am having trouble putting the album tracks in the correct order. For some albums, not all the tracks were uploaded from the same disk (either from a burned cd, or uploaded at a different time.) I tried to number the tracks to see if that would put them in the correct order, but itunes just keeps the tracks separated by how they were uploaded. All the artist, album artist, and album information is the exact same for all tracks as well. Is there anyway to put these songs in the correct order? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

How are you tagging the numbers? You need to open the files under "get info" and tag them in there, then it should remain correctly tagged.
You also need to make sure that the titles and artist name are typed EXACTLY the same way, no spaces, even on the end.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Mags103

Mags103 is on a distinguished road

I did change the information in "get info" to match exactly. for track number, I put "8 out of 14" which is where I want the track to go. All the other tracks are also labeled like this with their correct number. However, instead of putting the track 8th on the list, itunes moved the track from the top of the list, to the bottom. Is there any other information that needs to be changed in order to put this in the correct spot?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Interesting, try dropping the "out of" section, just tag the tracks 1-14 in order. I have found this makes a difference sometimes, I have no idea why though.
Let me know if it works out, if not I'll think again.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
lekhraaj

lekhraaj is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1

@Kevriano

how did you put that last thing on your signature in which it changes picture....its cool...

bhaag bhaag DK BOSE
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekhraaj View Post
@Kevriano

how did you put that last thing on your signature in which it changes picture....its cool...
I googled signature bars, and found a site with lots of images that you can interchange (I picked Mac specific and Music/Metal images) and you can put them together on the site, and you then get a link to use in your sig.

QUOTE Thanks
lekhraaj

lekhraaj is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1

thank you kevriano

bhaag bhaag DK BOSE
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« can you read pdf books on ipod touch? need app? | Battery percentage? »