New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Enthusiasts get carried away (Nano)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

badmojo

Just to show you how fanatical some enthusists get about Apple announcements, here's someone who went to a lot of trouble:

http://members.shaw.ca/ventro2/desig...o/ipodnano.jpg

http://gallery.ipodlounge.com/ipod/a...s/ipodnano.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Yeah, the super fanboys and rumor hounds always make me chuckle. :black:
Still, some of the stuff they come up with does look pretty cool.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

that "is" a pretty cool idea

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
Jonster

the first one is nifty, but not realistic, nor would it be comfortable or price savey. the second i can actually see coming out. everything is pretty realistic. the only thing that's a little funky is the touch sensative screen. would be a nice idea, but ... never know.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

The best thing is that stuff was created before the actual iPod nano was released, or even known about
QUOTE Thanks
thermidor

thermidor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB

What does everybody think of the phone? I have to say, as an Apple fanatic, I'm quite underwhelmed. Hey, it's a phone, and it plays music... Hardly revolutionary, and doesn't float my boat!

Maybe all will become clear when I get to play with one, after all, there were plenty of HDD MP3 players before the iPod came out, and it was still groundbreaking.
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermidor
What does everybody think of the phone? I have to say, as an Apple fanatic, I'm quite underwhelmed. Hey, it's a phone, and it plays music... Hardly revolutionary, and doesn't float my boat!

Maybe all will become clear when I get to play with one, after all, there were plenty of HDD MP3 players before the iPod came out, and it was still groundbreaking.
Yea, I wasn't that impressed either. 100 songs is not enough to make me shell out the moolah for it. The design is probably all Motorola's, and unlikely influenced by Apple very much.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonster

i'm just sick of stupid things being added to phones. videos, cameras, and now music. wow. might as well just get a pda that makes calls. it's pretty much useless if you ask me.
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Yeah second one is nice but how can you scroll effectively? I mean how can you even see what you are scrolling with your thumb covering the screen? Now that's a nice idea but not practical to me at all. Touch Wheel would still need to be below the screen.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonster

^ that's true. i didn't think of that.
QUOTE Thanks
Samsonite

Samsonite is on a distinguished road

Not to mention finger oils all over the screen.
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

They already have a PDA that makes calls... it's called Blackberry and you want one... you want one... you want one... you want one... you want one...

;-)

(heck no, I don't have one!)

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks
Jonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenhelmet
They already have a PDA that makes calls... it's called Blackberry and you want one... you want one... you want one... you want one... you want one...

;-)

(heck no, I don't have one!)
wow. what's the point? i know if you really need it, great, but i don't see the point. i want my cellphone to make calls. that's it. i don't need a camera, videocamera, mp3 player, game system, etc. in it.
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

My thoughts exactly... I never saw the point either

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod nano commercial | Omg Never Thought Id See The Day »