View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
    ipod mini or ipod nano
    so I checked out the apple website and saw the nano....looks nice. seems to be pretty much like the mini but with colored screen. I was dead set on a mini, but now the nano came out.

what do yu guys think? Should I get the nano or the mini.

Jonster
    the nano looks phenominal. i'm not into the whole mini thing. i think you can get a 60gig ipod for twice the price of a mini, so what's the point, but some people like that thing. anywho, the nano is tiny, yet it's still 4gigs and it also is a color screen. i was so shocked when i saw it, but if you are going to get one right now, i'd say go with the mini only because it's been out longer. if you're planning on getting one in the future, then wait until they've played all the bugs and such out of the nano, then get it.

Specs:
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    The main advantage, which I can think of with the mini is that it can take a beating. I dropped my on the tile floor, and I put two gouges in the top and bottom and a dent in mine. But it still works!

But I've got my nano on order, so you know, where my vote is going.

Edit: Okay, I was doing the air drums in front of the mirror in the bathroom, when I drop my iPod mini. So I kind of threw it, while perfecting my drum skills.

Specs:
    iBook, iPod
    I just ordered the Nano to replace my Mini.

The slim profile just got me, and since I mainly use it at the office 4 gigs is plenty for me.

I think it is kind of weird that the Nano headphone jack is on the bottom. I want to see what a nano looks like after it has been in a store for a week or so, my old 3G iPod got scratched up so easily, I assume the Nano might be the same way, while my mini looks brand new ever after a year or so(Except for the dent a put in it)

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" iPhone 7 iPad Air and many iPods
    I voted for a nano for you because it's new and I wanna live vicariously. :-)

The truth is that I think Apple should have introduced color nanos if they wanted to replace the mini. When I look around, I see more minis than any other kind of iPod, and I wonder how many people bought it with the color (body) as a factor.

can you actually still buy the mini?
    I only ask because the mini isn't on the Australian Apple website anymore, it's replaced by the Nano.

Specs:
    12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by haze
    can you actually still buy the mini?
    I only ask because the mini isn't on the Australian Apple website anymore, it's replaced by the Nano.

They are on the refurb page still.

Specs:
    12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
    People are talking this as opposed to a mini...but frankly, I'd without a doubt save my pennies and get a nano over a shuffle. Still tiny and 4x the memory for $100 more. No question...

mangoSharingan
    The Nano is the updated version of the Mini I guess as they don't seem to have the Mini on their page anymore. I was expecting a coloured version of the Mini to come out soon and letting you use photos on it but I didn't expect them to change the name and make it smaller! The only bad thing I guess could be that you only get 2GB on the Nano for the price of a 4GB Mini but I guess not many people are too bothered when it looks this cool! ****, I only bought my Mini in April Oh well, I still got my lovely silver brushed aluminium....lol.

Jonster
    isn't the four gig nano and the four gig mini the same price?

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonster
    isn't the four gig nano and the four gig mini the same price?
    Yes, the Nano's price is the same was what the Mini's was when it was introduced. Of course, the Mini's are cheaper now on the Refurb/Sale section of the online store.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

mangoSharingan
    According to the Apple UK site, the 2GB iPod Nano is 140, the same as the recent 4GB iPod Mini I got.

Specs:
    iBook
    50 more bucks buys you 16 more gigs so you can view photos andlisten to music

lilcrazy707
    nano cause it looks cool and has a color screen and its black

Thread Information