New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Shure E4C?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

code777

Found a pair at the apple store "open box" I guess and marked at $235. I asked them to hold them for me and they agreed to until Sunday afternoon. I tried to order them through some websites at $199 + shipping but all of them seem to be out of stock.

Is it worth it? I've read glowing reviews and was curious to see if anyone on the board owns them? I'm kinda an audio freak when it comes to music so... been using the Sony 71's for a while and although they are good sometimes the highs are too much. Bass is boomin' but sometimes it gets to be a bit much depending on the song.

comments on the E4C
QUOTE Thanks
code777

should also mention they have an open box of the Shure E3C as well but i hear those are poor. No bass or something... a lot cheaper but
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Eytomtic Er6i > E4c > E3c

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
code777

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Eytomtic Er6i > E4c > E3c
ah darn it, they sold both of them already. i guess they won't hold stuff. they do have a ton of those Eytomtic ER6i's in stock. what do you think of those?

Also they have a ton of those ultimate ears (both pro and EB) but they look way too big for my ears.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

I love my Er6i's. I haven't tried out either of those ultimate ears but they are definitely a company that I would feel perfectly comfortable purchasing their products. My dream is to be rich enough that I can by a pair of the UE-10 pros

QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

code777, how are the sony's? i'm looking for something better than the stock 'phones but don't feel like shellin out close to $100.

trpn, whats goin on in your avatar? i know it's the dad from family guy but is he blowin a hot dog out his nose or what??

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
macman88

macman88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram

for $60 i recommend the shure e2's. the are much better then the stock earphones.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman88
for $60 i recommend the shure e2's. the are much better then the stock earphones.
hmmm, I owned those last year and returned them within 14 days. I tried to like them but they did not cut it for me. The thing is I like bass. The Shure E2s had a cool design/look and well sometimes it was hard to get a good seal. But when I did I was dissapointed at the bass response. Very weak. Lots of Mids and Highs though. Very clear and accurate sounding.

The Sony's I have are bass heavy. I love them for that aspect but the downside is the highs are too crisp sometimes and the ears get tired. I was hoping to find something more accurate but at the same time with good bass. I don't mind spending $200 tops on some good earphones but they gotta be good.

A few people told me to get the UE with extended bass but when I saw them at the apple store they are HUGE. I mean I don't even know if they would fit in my ear. They had the 5Pro or whatever but they want $250 for them. I hear they are good also.

A few told me to stay away from the Shure E3C's as they offer no extra bass over the E2C's. Everyone is raving about the e4c's like mad and I would have to try to order them at $200 because I am not paying no $300 for them.

So thoughs? I'd try the ER6'i's but again a few people have told me if I want bass it might not be the solution.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

The ER6i's are pretty good in bass if you use the supplied foam inserts instead of the flange inserts

QUOTE Thanks
code777

hmmm, my friend got the E4 (black) from some online dealer (only $180!!!) and got them on Sat. by US mail i guess. He said he loves them but I just tried them out last night and to be honest. I do not like them.

The music I listen to is metal (death metal, metalcore, rock, jazz) and I don't know if its because I've been using the Sony's for over a year that my ears got so use to the boomy bass and piercing highs or what. The E4 is very mid freq. happy. The bass is ok but its more tight and punchy and clear than boomy. Its not that pronounced at all. Then again I did not try the "foam" sleeves. I just tried it with the supplied ones. I got a good seal also.

I'd like to try out the ER6i's. Do they have a "boomy" bass response? I admit the design of the Shure E4 is top notch and yes it has very accurate tone but the bass is lacking i guess. Too much mids for me as well. Hmmmm, maybe I should just stick with the Sony's. If it 'aint broke...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod Mini menu button trouble | AAC vs. Mp3 »