New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Doom on iPods

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

falltime

I did it...

http://www.ipodlinux.org/Doom
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Thats awesome. If I had a color ipod I would start trying to do that right now.
QUOTE Thanks
Mojo027

Mojo027 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9

I don't see why people would do this... why wouldn't you just buy a like $80 gameboy if you want to play games on the run? So much easier.
QUOTE Thanks
TTheInfamous1

TTheInfamous1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027
I don't see why people would do this... why wouldn't you just buy a like $80 gameboy if you want to play games on the run? So much easier.
I guess its just fun to mess around with your own gadgets. I'd try it if I could. I have plenty of gaming devices, but to have that on the iPod is decent. Just to know you can put it on there is really wild.

Pretty cool though. How is it to play on the iPod? Is it just as easy as using a portable gaming device?

TJ
QUOTE Thanks
Redbrick

Redbrick is on a distinguished road

Wow... I saw someone post a joke about this at iPod Lounge or iPodhack a year or so ago... (Actually it was an April fools joke, if I remember correctly) Now a reality...cool
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

Its pretty cool I guess, but I'm with Mojo, I don't really see the point.
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by falltime
That's a riot dude! I love it... Gonna have to give that a shot at some point.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
Erudite.Warrior

Erudite.Warrior has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD

I don't think the major point is to play the game on the iPod, I think the major reason for doing it is to see if it can be done. Doing science projects like this can really accelerate your learning. If you are a techno-geek (which I am) you can really appreciate the time, effort, and analytics that went into doing this.

Well done! That is totally awesome. Now your next project should be converting an XBox or PS2 game controller to plug into the accessory port. Playing the game would be a lot easier.
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

iLEFTOVERCRACK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb

Agreed

QUOTE Thanks
TTheInfamous1

TTheInfamous1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erudite.Warrior
I don't think the major point is to play the game on the iPod, I think the major reason for doing it is to see if it can be done. Doing science projects like this can really accelerate your learning. If you are a techno-geek (which I am) you can really appreciate the time, effort, and analytics that went into doing this.

Well done! That is totally awesome. Now your next project should be converting an XBox or PS2 game controller to plug into the accessory port. Playing the game would be a lot easier.
My thoughts as well.

TJ
QUOTE Thanks
boarderjosh10

boarderjosh10 is on a distinguished road

How the heck do you do this, I have no idea what those instructions are telling me
QUOTE Thanks
Jonster

i have seen this before, but i haven't actually done it cuz i don't want to screw with the innards of my ipod.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Nano problem | Having trouble updating with iPod mini »