New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

New iPod Nano(5G) Not Recognized by iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DAXRULZ

DAXRULZ is on a distinguished road

I just got a new iPod Nano for Christmas(my first-ever iPod brand MP3 player) and iTunes won't recognize it. I've tried plugging it in with no other USB devices present, I've tried restarting the computer, I've reformatted the iPod(though not via the hold select/home approach...it doesn't seem to do anything when I try that; instead there was an option to format the memory under advanced settings), I'm just clueless as to how to get everything to work properly.

Although iTunes doesn't recognize the device, Finder does and it appears on my desktop. I've manually added music, but issues occur such as the fact that the album art won't show up that way(and music is mismatched).

Can anyone help me? -Also I have iTunes ver. 10.1.1-

These are other issues I'm having, but not as major as the title problem:
-Can't figure out how to set music to shuffle.
-Where's the "hold" button? Is it also the on/off switch?
-After I switch my iPod to turn it off, I can't turn it back on unless I plug it into the computer.
QUOTE Thanks
potter4563

potter4563 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Late 2009 - 4GB Ram, 2.5 GHz, Snow Leopard

It seems you have a bad iPod. If it is still under warranty you can take it to the Apple store and get it replaced free of charge. If not, then just call Apple or some other 3rd party company to get some info about what might be wrong. Did who ever bought it for you buy it used from eBay?

I find the other minor problems you have listed below more of a concern. iPods should turn off and on without needing them plugged into the computer.

Try rebooting your computer and plugging in the iPod for about 2 hours. Try everything again. If that doesn't work then your outta luck.

Sorry your having such a bad exp. with your iPod.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipod Mini Resurection??? | can't set volume limit »