Thread: iTunes problem

Mac N00b
    iTunes problem
    I have iTunes set on auto update for my iPod mini. Everytime it gets to song 70-80 out of 180 and it just stops. No error message or anything. Anyhelp is greatly appreciated. I am absolutely lost without my iPod.It is the Windows version of iTunes as I am on WinXP for now (getting an iBook within the summer). Is iTunes less buggy on its native operating system of OSX?

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    I'd try restoring the iPod.

Open iPod software updater and select the 'restore' option.
    It will wipe EVERYTHING on your iPod, setting it back to factory condition.

Yes iTunes is less buggy in OS X, but I don't think it's so bad under XP either.

Mac N00b
    I have tryed restoring multiple times. I have also reinstalled iTunes twice. I figured out that my iPod seems to have issues with certain songs and it will sieze up when I try to put them on it.

yorg30
    Hi! I deleted all my iTunes songs by mistake. I wonder, if I can trasfer all the songs from my iPod into my itunes (iBook G3) since I lost everything. I erased all files when I was downloading the Mac os x 10.4 Tiger.
    Help! Please!

Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    PodUtil on versiontracker will take all songs from your ipod and put it in your itunes library, it will even recreate the play lists.
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

yorg30
    Thanks! I am sorry to bother with this, it may sound like a damb question, but I don't know exactly, what are you talking about. Where do I find: PodUtil on versiontracker
    What is that?

Specs:
    iBook
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/27209

versiontracker is a web based database for programs...search there for anything you want

Mac N00b
    Ok... I have tryed it again and it says that there is a timeout when trying to contact i/o device "IPOD". I think it may just be a scratch on the harddrive. Due to a series of events ,a few weeks before this whole business started, involving the clip that came with the iPod mini and a 10 foot fall onto concrete I am no longer covered by Apple or Best Buy . How much would it cost to get Apple to install a new hard drive.

About the whole falling thing... It somehow fell out of the clip while I was walking down some stairs outside a friend's apartment. I have treated it with utmost care since then.

Should I just dissect it and sell it on eBay?

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Have you checked with Apple? If it fell out of their clip, one could suppose that their supplied clip was faulty...

Mac N00b
    I called and they said that I recieve no coverage.

iSeeKlearly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N00b
    About the whole falling thing... It somehow fell out of the clip while I was walking down some stairs outside a friend's apartment. I have treated it with utmost care since then.

Should I just dissect it and sell it on eBay?
    Again, maybe the fall caused the hard-drive to get a scratch...

and yes I say sell it on eBay...people always buy useless junk....on eBay...most of the time... :headphone

Mac N00b
    How much would it cost to get repaired? I already sent it to apple

Mac N00b
    HOLY CRAP! They are sending me a brand new one for FREE! I officially love Apple now... more than before

Tel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N00b
    HOLY CRAP! They are sending me a brand new one for FREE! I officially love Apple now... more than before
    Expect this level of treatment with Apple, they're a great company to do business with, as well as providing a wide range of excellent products.

Specs:
    Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel
    Expect this level of treatment with Apple, they're a great company to do business with, as well as providing a wide range of excellent products.
    Something tells me Steve Jobs now owes Tel $5. :spook:

(or 2.843 Pounds.... according to my widget)
    "If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg

Thread Information