New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Touch screen wont react when fully charged, but does after bat. runs down a few %

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Aglarelen

Aglarelen is on a distinguished road

I've started having this strange problem with my iPod Touch's screen. When the iPod is fully charged the touchscreen wont respond. Leave it alone for a few hours to run the battery down a bit, and suddenly the touchscreen responds again. The screen comes on and shows the "slide to unlock" message, but doesn't react to touch anywhere on the screen. Once the battery has run down some the screen will react again as if nothing had happened. Anyone have any idea what's going on with it?
QUOTE Thanks
Missy D

Missy D is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPod Touch, MacBook Pro 15" i5

You should go and get that swapped do you still have your warrenty?
QUOTE Thanks
In_Correct

In_Correct can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Lots Of G3s. So What.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglarelen View Post
I've started having this strange problem with my iPod Touch's screen. When the iPod is fully charged the touchscreen wont respond. Leave it alone for a few hours to run the battery down a bit, and suddenly the touchscreen responds again. The screen comes on and shows the "slide to unlock" message, but doesn't react to touch anywhere on the screen. Once the battery has run down some the screen will react again as if nothing had happened. Anyone have any idea what's going on with it?
Aglarelen:

Welcome to The Mac Forums.

How long have you had this ipod?
An idea of what's going on with it is the battery needs to be replaced. After a while any battery will decrease in performance. If you do not know how to replace the battery, you must take it to a technitian. It is very likely that the battery is causing power supply problems which is affecting the touch screen.

Hope this helps.
Have A Good Day.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglarelen View Post

Have you tried restoring it? Generally, some issues can occur when the screen gets warm.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.5
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB4
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Album Art | My iPod has problems!! »