bunnydetox
    Angry iPod Photo problems, Apple Support NO HELP
    I recently (2 months ago) bought a 30gig iPod photo. I suckered out and actually bought it from Apple, having it engraved and what not.

A little less than a month I started having problems. I would have to reset every time I turned it on, or tried to, the clickwheel would freeze and I couldn't scroll at all, even after being reset, and sometimes it just plain wouldn't turn the **** off. I tried all the stupid support links and tried to reformat, but to no avail. Same stupid problems.

So I turned to iPod support because it's new, hasn't been dropped, or exposed to water, and they sent it back saying that it was fine. I turned it on and the click wheel was frozen. Now the 60 day warranty is expired and they returned to me a broken $350 piece of sh*t.

Where the **** do I go from here. Broke and angry at Apple, a terrible place to be.

*******s.

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Have you tried doing a full restore on it (You lose everything on there)

Run the latest iPod Updater and restore.

Also take a look in Disk Utility and try repairing the disk

And finally your warranty isn't up. You get 90 days of phone support and 1 year repairs

"All Apple hardware products, including clearance and refurbished products, carry a one-year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. You may review a copy of the Limited Warranty on new products, including its limitations and exclusions, before you purchase, by clicking the appropriate link below. "
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

bunnydetox
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    Have you tried doing a full restore on it (You lose everything on there)

Run the latest iPod Updater and restore.

Also take a look in Disk Utility and try repairing the disk

And finally your warranty isn't up. You get 90 days of phone support and 1 year repairs

"All Apple hardware products, including clearance and refurbished products, carry a one-year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. You may review a copy of the Limited Warranty on new products, including its limitations and exclusions, before you purchase, by clicking the appropriate link below. "

I did all those things, and so did the mac people. And then they sent it back. I like my engraving, but not enough to sacrifice a fully functioning iPod.

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    If you live near enough to an apple store I would just bring it with you and try to replicate the problem and they will be forced to replace it (Especially if you are making a bit of a scene and other people see you having a problem)
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Thread Information