New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Photo problems, Apple Support NO HELP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bunnydetox

I recently (2 months ago) bought a 30gig iPod photo. I suckered out and actually bought it from Apple, having it engraved and what not.

A little less than a month I started having problems. I would have to reset every time I turned it on, or tried to, the clickwheel would freeze and I couldn't scroll at all, even after being reset, and sometimes it just plain wouldn't turn the **** off. I tried all the stupid support links and tried to reformat, but to no avail. Same stupid problems.

So I turned to iPod support because it's new, hasn't been dropped, or exposed to water, and they sent it back saying that it was fine. I turned it on and the click wheel was frozen. Now the 60 day warranty is expired and they returned to me a broken $350 piece of sh*t.

Where the **** do I go from here. Broke and angry at Apple, a terrible place to be.

*******s.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Have you tried doing a full restore on it (You lose everything on there)

Run the latest iPod Updater and restore.

Also take a look in Disk Utility and try repairing the disk

And finally your warranty isn't up. You get 90 days of phone support and 1 year repairs

"All Apple hardware products, including clearance and refurbished products, carry a one-year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. You may review a copy of the Limited Warranty on new products, including its limitations and exclusions, before you purchase, by clicking the appropriate link below. "

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
bunnydetox

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Have you tried doing a full restore on it (You lose everything on there)

Run the latest iPod Updater and restore.

Also take a look in Disk Utility and try repairing the disk

And finally your warranty isn't up. You get 90 days of phone support and 1 year repairs

"All Apple hardware products, including clearance and refurbished products, carry a one-year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. You may review a copy of the Limited Warranty on new products, including its limitations and exclusions, before you purchase, by clicking the appropriate link below. "

I did all those things, and so did the mac people. And then they sent it back. I like my engraving, but not enough to sacrifice a fully functioning iPod.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

If you live near enough to an apple store I would just bring it with you and try to replicate the problem and they will be forced to replace it (Especially if you are making a bit of a scene and other people see you having a problem)

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgraded to one of the new 20gb Color iPod's! | vinyl tattoo/skin? »