New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

What sort of iPod should I get?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kevin1gamer

kevin1gamer is an unknown at this point

I want to get an iPod, but I don't know what kind I should get. I don't really want an iPod or anything too ridiculous, and I want it to be white. I guess I just want like a normal one, but there are like 80 types to choose from. I don't really care if it's a touch screen or not, I just want something that I can download music from iTunes with, bring to my high school, and listen to in class (which is allowed by my teachers). Any recommendations?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

There are a total of 4 iPod models - Shuffle, Nano, Classic and Touch. Not even close to 80.

You should start your research here.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1gamer View Post
I want to get an iPod, but I don't know what kind I should get. I don't really want an iPod or anything...
Me funcused?
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Wrong forum buddy
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
I want to get an iPod, but I don't know what kind I should get. I don't really want an iPod or anything too ridiculous, and I want it to be white. I guess I just want like a normal one, but there are like 80 types to choose from.
It would help if you gave us an idea of your budget. iPods can cost anywhere from $59 to $399.

The title of this thread is "What sort of iPod should I get?"...and then you say in your post..."I don't really want an iPod or anything too ridiculous..."

So what the heck do you mean by this statement which is in conflict with your title???

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
kevin1gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
There are a total of 4 iPod models - Shuffle, Nano, Classic and Touch. Not even close to 80.

You should start your research here.
7 models times about 10 versions of each model. Thanks for the link.
QUOTE Thanks
kevin1gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
It would help if you gave us an idea of your budget. iPods can cost anywhere from $59 to $399.

The title of this thread is "What sort of iPod should I get?"...and then you say in your post..."I don't really want an iPod or anything too ridiculous..."

So what the heck do you mean by this statement which is in conflict with your title???

- Nick
I thought I said iPad, not iPod, sorry.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Where do you get 7 from?

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
7 models times about 10 versions of each model. Thanks for the link.
Sorry no. There are 4 models.

Shuffle - 1 version with different color/material cases.
Nano - 1 version with different colors and 2 memory options
Classic - 1 version with choice of 2 colors
Touch - Bottomline - 3 memory choices.

I guess if you want to call a different color case a different version...
Would suggest you head back to that page and do a little more research.
As each one has it's own unique purpose, a little consideration of what you would ultimately like to do with one after becoming familiar with them, would go a long way to helping you decide... along with your budget of course.

QUOTE Thanks
kevin1gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhnool View Post
Where do you get 7 from?

iPod
iPod Nano
iPod Mini
iPod Shuffle
iPod Touch
iPod Photo
iPod+HP

Then there's:
iPhone
iPad
QUOTE Thanks
kevin1gamer

iPod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Sorry, but I still suggest you head to Apple's site and see what is currently available instead of looking at the history of every model that's been sold in the last 8 years. That's a little over the top if you want one today and not 3 years ago or 5 years ago, etc.

QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

I would suggest you buy a new iPod, one that is currently available from the Apple Store, online and local. That would bring you to 4 iPod models. The Shuffle, Nano, Classic, and Touch. The iPhone is a phone, and the iPad is a tablet device, not an iPod.

All you really need to determine is how much space you need and what color. You have already stated you wouldn't want a touchscreen. So, if you need lots of space, go for the Classic. If you don't need a lot of space but still want a screen, go for the Nano. If you don't need that much space at all and don't need a screen, go for the Shuffle. We still do not know what your budget is, so we can not accurately give you a recommendation.

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
I thought I said iPad, not iPod, sorry.
I see...that definitely makes more sense!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod Classic 80gb Freezing Issues | How to fix white screen? »