New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

ipod not recognized in itunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

flummel

flummel is on a distinguished road

iTunes opens when my ipod is connected, but it doesn't show the symbol so I can't do anything. I read all the instructions on what to do, it doesn't help and I don't know how to restore the ipod since it doesn't show in iTunes.

Any ideas...? I'd be very glad about your help! Kinda desperate by now.

(plus it automatically resets itself after I disconnect it... always... ???)
QUOTE Thanks
3DWall

3DWall is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPod | iPhone

I don't now if you run it on Mac or PC but does your iPod show up as an external hard-drive on your system when you connect it?

If it does perhaps you can check your settings that way and see if the iPod have been set to act as a normal external drive and then perhaps change that.

Based on what you wrote it is difficult to know exactly what is causing this problem.
QUOTE Thanks
flummel

I'm using a mac, and yes the ipod is recognized as a normal external drive. The ipod symbol is shown on the desktop and I can use it as a volume. It's not recognized in itunes though so I can't put music on and use it as a player.

I tried all the regular steps and nothing helps...

I don't know how to change any settings, on the desktop I can only access the ipod's general information and use it as an external drive.
QUOTE Thanks
3DWall

3DWall is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPod | iPhone

Hmmm..... Well I'm sorry but I don't think I'm able to help you then.

Some years back I had a similar problem, but it was at that time on a Win PC and of course an older version of iTunes and probably iPod Version/Firmware.

I found out that the problem was that I had somehow changed the drive settings, so my iPod was set to act as a normal external data drive and therefore was somehow ignored by iTunes when I connected it. I solved it by going in to the drive settings om my computer and changed it back to a normal usb/firewire drive. When I connected it again Itunes could see it.
QUOTE Thanks
flummel

thanks anyway for trying! I guess I'll have to go to an apple store and get them to help me...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itouch mail jammed etc | How to download video shot on ipod nano to macbook? »