Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ipod scratches

eceon
    ipod scratches
    anybody else notice that the new ipods scratch very easily?

i noticed a few on my brand new ipod, and now i am extremely careful with mine. i mean, it's not all that bad, but one scratch is more than i need.

also, can someone tell me if i can purchase another casing for the ipod from apple? if so, price? tnx

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    you can buy casings from anywhere. i found mine on www.ipodlounge.com

Specs:
    17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
    I went through the "OMG, it's scratched!" phase... But you gotta realize, sure it looks cool, and it costs a lot of money, but the functionality is what you buy. It still looks cool with scratches, and sure as hell works with scratches, so I have given up on the "it's my baby" attitude. Not saying that you are in this mode of thought, but that's what I went through.

Like trpnmonkey41 said, hit up http://www.ipodlounge.com for TONS and TONS of iPod info....
    Emrys
    Community Administrator / Moderator
    MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!

eceon
    lol emrys..

yr right. and, i did buy a case for it.. i am still a bit anal about the ipod though. great product.

Specs:
    the best is when you see a scratch and think that if you lick a finger and rub it will go away phase

rlowenberg
    ok, you guys are craaaaaaazy - how can you say that you're not paying for the look of the ipod? It's CA$600!!!! Look at it! Of course you're paying for looks! It's a beautiful machine, looks is obviously a major factor! My cellphone has been dropped multiple times, is 2 years old and has no scratches. My iPod was significantly scratched 3 days after I bought it and it's never been dropped, the scratches were made by the f**king headphones that came with it!!!! 2 cents worth of plastic man, that's all it takes, in a $600 product!!! The remote broke one week after I bought it too, and it had never been mistreated. This looks to me like design taking precedence over practicality in stupid ways. Apple should shape up man, iPod is a shoddy product in too many ways.

BUT

On the brighter side, I found a product to remove scratches and it worked - it's called ice cream, and I bought it at www.radtech.us. It didn't remove everything, but it's definitely a lot better.

APPLE SHAPE UP AND STOP LEAVING IN STUPID DESIGN FLAWS JUST TO SAVE 2 CENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specs:
    if the iPod was really a shoddy product it wouldn't be outselling all of the competition. These design flaws that you speak of are actually what make it more money. they could have easily used a plastic backing but metal is stronger and looks nicer.

Most people don't buy the iPod because it looks cool. Most people buy it because it works better than any other mp3 player on the market with the best storage to size ratio

rlowenberg
    I'm not talking about the metal back, although that scratches very easily too - I'm talking about the plastic screen, 2 cents per unit more and it wouldn't scratch. Shoddy product. And the idea that looks isn't a factor when people buy the iPod is absurd.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by rlowenberg
    And the idea that looks isn't a factor when people buy the iPod is absurd.
    Oh so I am guessing that you speak for the over 1 million people who have purchased the iPod.

Most people don't buy it for the looks. Most buy it because it works better than any other mp3 player

rlowenberg
    I imagine I speak for the 1 million people just as much as you do buddy! Apple has an unproprotionally high number of visual artists in their consumer base. They cater to visually orientated people. People who buy for looks!

Stop fooling yourself!

DonkeyNutz
    Exclamation
    Last week I was goin thru the"oh my god I just bought this how the hell could there be a scratch allready ohmygod I wonder if my warranty covers this" phase but now I'm ok.

DonkeyNuyz

rlowenberg
    the ice cream stuff worked for me, the scratches are barely visible now. Still, I spend $40 instead of Apple spending 2 cents. Grrrr.

Ripcurl
    rlowenberg- my dads 80g Lexus........rock chips and scratches......you dont see him crying, give it up, it wear and tear.

I've got scratches on mine, who care it still works, my dad actually dropped it 4 feet onto ceramic tile(missed his pocket), didnt even crack.....a slight scratch on the metal side, and its still works like new.

rlowenberg
    wear and tear? 3 days of just being in a pocket??? It's attitudes like yours that let Apple get away with that stuff, it's totally substandard man, stop fooling yourself just so you can feel better about having spent loads of cash on something that can't even withstand the headphones it comes with without scratching!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by rlowenberg
    wear and tear? 3 days of just being in a pocket??? It's attitudes like yours that let Apple get away with that stuff, it's totally substandard man, stop fooling yourself just so you can feel better about having spent loads of cash on something that can't even withstand the headphones it comes with without scratching!
    rlwoenberg all that you do on this forum is post your negative feelings about the iPod and the way that apple spends there money. Nobody on here is going to agree with you so you might as well just stop complaining about miniscule scratches on the iPod
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Thread Information