New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

question about giving an ipod touch as a gift

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mane_x

mane_x is on a distinguished road

hi guys/girls. I bought an ipodtouch to give it to some one in valentine's day. The thing is that person is in another country. i bought the ipod in the USA because it is cheaper. Here is the other thing the ipod is still brand new, when you buy it and turn it on it has the icons to connect to itunes but i want it to connect it to my computer and put some stuff in there for her to see, but i dont know if then she will be able to connect it to her pc and sync all her music and pics and stuff.
the questios is this:
If i open the ipod just to put a few things in there will she be able to connect the ipod on her PC and erase that stuff and sync in what she wants?
I dont know if im clear enough.
Thanks for the help guys/girls!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It would probably be best if you leave the iPod Touch alone and let her connect it to her machine. You can send a disk or thumb drive along with the content you'd like her to put on it.

But yes, to answer your question, yes she would connect it to her PC and it would erase everything and sync in her stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
mane_x

mane_x is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post

But yes, to answer your question, yes she would connect it to her PC and it would erase everything and sync in her stuff.

so the ipod wouldnt get locked or stuck to my pc or anything?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Itouch won't restore | Cheap ipod Case Damaged My ipod. »