New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

The sorry state of my headphones

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I've had these for almost 3 years now. As you can see they are falling apart right before my eyes. They still work, it just feel uncomfortable with plastic rubbing against the inside of my ear. Plus they kind of fall out pretty often. >_<

Does anyone have an recommendations on some headphones that I should be looking at. I listen to music a lot, while I'm sleeping even. >_>"

I tried looking at some reviews on headphones but not sure where I should start.

I usually go to cnet to look up on reviews on products and I really do enjoy the fact that they have little mini video reviews that you can watch.

Here is one that I like and kind of want. They seem kind of expensive, and I guess my budget is less than 300 dollars USD.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

mbohn will become famous soon enough

Radio Shack sells the foam covers that used to come with the iPod earphones. Actually, the RS covers are better than the Apple covers - they are a bit thicker. Invest a couple of dollars - maybe you can keep your earphones for a while longer.

Radio Shack part number 33-376.

www.dynostep.com
engine simulation software
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Those Dr Dre are overpriced because of the name, though they are good.
If you want headphones that bring out every nuance of your music, then I would recommend headphones like these, which are studio monitor style, and have an incredibly flat response.

I have these, and they are incredibly comfortable too (I use them for my E Drums as well)

Audio-Technica | ATH-M50 Professional Closed-Back | ATH-M50

Others I can recommend without hesitation are:

Amazon.com: Sony MDR-7509 Professional Studio Monitor Stereo Headphone MDR-7509: Electronics

and

Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms: Electronics

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I use these and just love them:
ZAGG | Z.buds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbohn View Post
Radio Shack sells the foam covers that used to come with the iPod earphones. Actually, the RS covers are better than the Apple covers - they are a bit thicker. Invest a couple of dollars - maybe you can keep your earphones for a while longer.

Radio Shack part number 33-376.
Wow thanks mbohn didn't know that they had replacement parts for the headphones. While this is probably the cheaper way of doing things, I kind of want an upgrade. >_<"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. The packaging looks very neat. Although not sure if I can find these somewhere to test them out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Those Dr Dre are overpriced because of the name, though they are good.
If you want headphones that bring out every nuance of your music, then I would recommend headphones like these, which are studio monitor style, and have an incredibly flat response.

I have these, and they are incredibly comfortable too (I use them for my E Drums as well)

Audio-Technica | ATH-M50 Professional Closed-Back | ATH-M50

Others I can recommend without hesitation are:

Amazon.com: Sony MDR-7509 Professional Studio Monitor Stereo Headphone MDR-7509: Electronics

and

Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms: Electronics
Kev thanks very much for your suggestions. I'm going to go to bestbuy and some music stores to see if I can actually find them to try them out. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Yes, music stores will be your best bet I reckon, and if you can find one that has an Electronic Drum section, you are more likely to be in luck. Don't let them sell you the Roland ones, they suck!

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone wont work after factory reset, Please HELP!!! | Playing ipod classic 160 in car. »