Specs:
    Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
    USB HUB Charging
    is there any way that i can charge my 2G iPod mini via USB HUB, instead of plugging into my computer or buying a power adapter?

FishStickBoy
    Is the USB hub is self powered (powered by a power supply) or powered from the computers root hub (requires no power supply, like a memory stick or mouse)?

If it's self powered then there should be no problem.

But if the hub is powered from the computers root hub you might draw too much current if using too many devices. This wouldn't hurt the devices but they might not work properly.

Root USB hubs provide a maximum of 500mA of current? If this is exceeded the computer will not enumerate all devices.

I would say if the hub isn't powered then use only the iPod on that hub and it should work fine.

Specs:
    Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by FishStickBoy
    Is the USB hub is self powered (powered by a power supply) or powered from the computers root hub (requires no power supply, like a memory stick or mouse)?

If it's self powered then there should be no problem.

But if the hub is powered from the computers root hub you might draw too much current if using too many devices. This wouldn't hurt the devices but they might not work properly.

Root USB hubs provide a maximum of 500mA of current? If this is exceeded the computer will not enumerate all devices.

I would say if the hub isn't powered then use only the iPod on that hub and it should work fine.
    it is a self powered one and i just tested it and it doesn't work. maybe there are USB Hubs that have more juice? i don't know.

vtupser
    Your USB hub needs to be USB 2.0 so that it can send power through the USB cable. If it is USB 1.1 then you will not get any power going to your mini.

USB 1.1 does send power, as does USB 2.0. However, I'm don't think the Ipod mini even supports drawing power over USB 1.1 (I don't think it's enough juice). You'll need USB 2.0.
    DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
    www.wattsupproductions.com

Specs:
    I love student discount (sig)
    I have a USB 4 port hub with a power brick that i dont use.. and i get bluetooth, ipod shuffle and ipod 4G through it and all is fine
    iBook G3 (2001) 500MHz 384 RAM 9.2.2 / 10.2.8
    Titanium PowerBook G4 (2001) 500MHz 768 RAM 9.2.2/10.2.8
    Mac Pro (2007) 4x2.66GHz, 6GB RAM, 10.6.7
    iPad 3G + iPhone 4

Badger
    According to Apple the mini must be charged from the computer or the power adapter, no hubs.

Thread Information