iPod Touch won't synch photos
    My iPod Touch won't synch with my iPhoto. It synchs music, apps, everything else just fine but I get an "unknown error (-50)" during the process and photos don't synch. It works fine with my older computer.

The old computer is iMac G5 PowerPC with Leopard, latest version of iTunes, and iPhoto 08 (7.1.5).

The new computer, the one that won't synch, is iMac with Intel core 2 duo, Snow Leopard, latest iTunes, and iPhoto 09 (8.1.1). I also just updated the Touch to the newest software, 3.1.2.

I could just use the older computer but I haven't been putting my newest music and photos on there.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Well, after a lot of digging, I found reference to this problem in the Apple support forums. there were a lot of proposed solutions, many of them too complicated and involved messing around in the iPhoto library files, which I don't want to do. This is Apple, it is supposed to be simple, IMHO. I saw a few references to a simple solution that worked for me. All I had to do was delete the slideshows I had in iPhoto, carried over from the older version to the iPhoto 09. When I did that, everything synched perfectly. I don't know if it was the music associated with the slideshows, I should have checked that first, but I didn't think of it until after I deleted them.

Anyway, it worked for me so if anyone else has the same problem, that is a simple possible solution and doesn't mess around with things that can get messy.

Wow, thank you! That has worked and it was instant. You are my hero! ;-)

Thread Information