New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Do they make this?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OnlyTimeWillTel

OnlyTimeWillTel can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: see sig...

Ok folks, I've got a good one for you. A friend of mine used to have an LG Versa, with the keyboard hardcase attached. It looked like this

I want to be able to use my iPod Touch in place of my pda, since I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding a mobile Linux to run on it to replace the ungodly mess known as Windows Mobile 2003.

By any chance, any chance at all in the history of any chances at all, do they make something similar for the iPod Touch? Because I would seriously love to find a hardcase that the iPod Touch could clip into and be able to use a hard keyboard inplace of the software keyboard that is built in.

eMac 1.5ghz, 256mb ram, 40gb hdd, Sony cd burner
2g iPod Shuffle 1gb, 2g iPod Touch 16gb

<Rep is overrated>
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

I do not think so. I know many people have wondered about a Bluetooth keyboard for the iPhone/Touch. It seems Apple does not want to open that can of worms. Google for "keyboard iPhone" and you will find tons of people asking the same thing. I can see how some folks would want one.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Just came across this today:

Want to connect your iPhone and Bluetooth keyboard? There's a (jailbroken) app for that -- Engadget

Obviously, not for the normal user!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

lol try fitting that into your back pocket

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
OnlyTimeWillTel

OnlyTimeWillTel can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: see sig...

Ok this isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but its along the same lines.

Qwerty Keyboard Touch Screen WIFI TV Mobile Cell Phone - eBay (item 260527123151 end time Dec-27-09 00:22:56 PST)

Now I know I can't be the only person wanting this function from an iPod Touch/iPhone. Apple could really jump on an opportunity to make more money/sell more iPhones with this. When I'm searching for a phone, I usually avoid anything that doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard because I text a lot. A lot of my friends are the same way.

eMac 1.5ghz, 256mb ram, 40gb hdd, Sony cd burner
2g iPod Shuffle 1gb, 2g iPod Touch 16gb

<Rep is overrated>
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Refurbished iPod Touch from China | IPod Touch 3rd Gen; update firmware and died? »