New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Ear buds next previous not working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

floridaguy

floridaguy is on a distinguished road

I hope I have poor search skills and not a unique problem.

I just bought a 32GB ipod touch. The cool next (double click center button) previous (triple click center button) on the ear buds worked just long enough for me to love it and then stopped. About an hour actually.

Is it possible there is some software setting I bumped or do I have to get a new set of ear buds already?
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Have you tried shutting down and restarting the iPod?
QUOTE Thanks
floridaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
Have you tried shutting down and restarting the iPod?
I hadn't but I just did and it actually worked for exactly one next and one previous and then it stopped again. In playing with it just now I got it to work a couple more times seemingly randomly. The pause start/resume works every time but with my fingers in the same place the double or triple click doesn't.

UPDATE: I tried washing the connector off with saliva and now it seems to be working more regularly but not consistently, also it isn't going in the order on the album. It skips two or three songs from the way they are displayed.
QUOTE Thanks
floridaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaguy View Post
I hope I have poor search skills and not a unique problem.

I just bought a 32GB ipod touch. The cool next (double click center button) previous (triple click center button) on the ear buds worked just long enough for me to love it and then stopped. About an hour actually.

Is it possible there is some software setting I bumped or do I have to get a new set of ear buds already?
It is also possible that there was a user training issue. The Apple Store Genius showed me that I had to double and triple clicker faster and it worked fine. I don't know why I was doing it right at first and then stopped.
QUOTE Thanks
floridaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaguy View Post
It is also possible that there was a user training issue. The Apple Store Genius showed me that I had to double and triple clicker faster and it worked fine. I don't know why I was doing it right at first and then stopped.
I had the problem again last night. I found that I do better if I use just my fingernail to double click instead of the whole finger.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod is disappearing from desktop after synchronisation | Iphone stolen :-( »