New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Touch changes time randomly?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

w.markegard

w.markegard is an unknown at this point

Lately my iPod has been suddenly changing the time, even when it hasn't been plugged into my comp to sync. It makes no sense.

And when the time is correct, applications think it's wrong. For example, I set a world clock for New York, and it should have been 3 hours ahead, but instead it had a twelve hour difference and said "Yesterday."
WTH? Can someone help?
QUOTE Thanks
Germel

Germel is on a distinguished road

I have this problem too on mine. whenever i switch it off and let it rest for a day it just picks a random date and apps cannot start
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I would sync your iPods to iTunes, then restore the software. Something is glitchy, and it could be something in the firmware that got corrupted.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What are these Speakers? | How many iPod touch users on 3.x? »