fade
    iPod touch question
    Since christmas is coming I asked my father if I could borrow his touch for a few days as a test run before I decide if I want one. My question is: if I sync it with my computer will he be able to resync without losing his stuff?
    I understand that if I sync with my computer it will erase it. I just want to make sure it will reinstall his stuff when I give it back

Specs:
    Mac Mini late 09 version
    Thats what will happen unless you turn off auto sync in the iTunes preferences 1st.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by fade View Post
    Since christmas is coming I asked my father if I could borrow his touch for a few days as a test run before I decide if I want one. My question is: if I sync it with my computer will he be able to resync without losing his stuff?
    If you're borrowing your father's iPod Touch for a "test run"...why do you need to snyc it?

Syncing it isn't really going to help you decide whether you want one for yourself...using the Touch (navigating, screen size, speed, using apps, typing, etc.) are the things that will help you decide if you want one.

Just trying to help,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

fade
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    If you're borrowing your father's iPod Touch for a "test run"...why do you need to snyc it?

Syncing it isn't really going to help you decide whether you want one for yourself...using the Touch (navigating, screen size, speed, using apps, typing, etc.) are the things that will help you decide if you want one.

Just trying to help,

- Nick
    Actually, there are a bunch of features I wont get to play with, like email and iCal syncing.. My father does not use a mac so I cant play thru his computer the way I'd like to. Since it's not mine, I don't want to do anything that will mess up his touch.

I just want to know if I sync it with my computer, will he be able to resync it with his when I'm done without loosing his apps and music. He doesn't have anything else on it.

Thread Information