New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod touch question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fade

Since christmas is coming I asked my father if I could borrow his touch for a few days as a test run before I decide if I want one. My question is: if I sync it with my computer will he be able to resync without losing his stuff?
I understand that if I sync with my computer it will erase it. I just want to make sure it will reinstall his stuff when I give it back
QUOTE Thanks
yamawho

yamawho has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mac Mini late 09 version

Thats what will happen unless you turn off auto sync in the iTunes preferences 1st.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade View Post
Since christmas is coming I asked my father if I could borrow his touch for a few days as a test run before I decide if I want one. My question is: if I sync it with my computer will he be able to resync without losing his stuff?
If you're borrowing your father's iPod Touch for a "test run"...why do you need to snyc it?

Syncing it isn't really going to help you decide whether you want one for yourself...using the Touch (navigating, screen size, speed, using apps, typing, etc.) are the things that will help you decide if you want one.

Just trying to help,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
fade

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
If you're borrowing your father's iPod Touch for a "test run"...why do you need to snyc it?

Syncing it isn't really going to help you decide whether you want one for yourself...using the Touch (navigating, screen size, speed, using apps, typing, etc.) are the things that will help you decide if you want one.

Just trying to help,

- Nick
Actually, there are a bunch of features I wont get to play with, like email and iCal syncing.. My father does not use a mac so I cant play thru his computer the way I'd like to. Since it's not mine, I don't want to do anything that will mess up his touch.

I just want to know if I sync it with my computer, will he be able to resync it with his when I'm done without loosing his apps and music. He doesn't have anything else on it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buying a iPod Touch 3G Aborad | 4th gen nano auto ejecting on connection? »