The New Apple Aquapod!!
    My wife used to own a First Gen 16gig Ipod Touch until 3 weeks ago when she decided to convert it into an Aquapod. After dropping her Ipod in the lake at night, we assumed it was junk. I dove down a week later and retrieved it so she could use the old case when she bought a new one eventually.

We were totally amazed when we found that IT STILL WORKED FINE AFTER A WEEK UNDERWATER!!! Screen looked and responded totally normal, battery held a charge, wifi/email/internet/music worked fine.

The Ipod was now very heavy, it must've been filled with water. I knew we were already on borrowed time. I told her to store it in a glass of water when she wasn't using it, as soon as it dried out inside, it would start to corrode much faster. Well, we got 3 weeks out of it before it stopped working, as we knew it would.

While I don't recommend anyone getting their Ipod wet, I just wanted to share an amazing story with all of you. RIP AQUAPOD!

Specs:
    iMac, and Macbook Pro
    I wonder if you could have saved it by draining it, then rinsing it in solvent which would dry without corrosion. Amazing story though.

Specs:
    iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
    Thats quite impressive.

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    You could have tried sucking all the liquid out of it by putting it in some rice.

June 2007
    July 2009

I've had friends who've dropped their cell phones in a puddle, with the phone in the water for less than 3 seconds and the cell phone stopped working. So I assumed the Ipod was junk, even if I could have retrieved it from the lake the next morning.

Specs:
    15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
    Should have put it ion a bowl of rice (or anything that absorbs moisture). But that's crazy that it still worked after a week under water.

Quote Originally Posted by JetAv8r View Post
    I've had friends who've dropped their cell phones in a puddle, with the phone in the water for less than 3 seconds and the cell phone stopped working. So I assumed the Ipod was junk, even if I could have retrieved it from the lake the next morning.
    I had a Motorola cell phone that I was carrying in my jacket pocket on a motorcycle ride. I went through a massive downpour. From that point on the keypad buttons along the left side worked erratically. Funny thing was, my boss's extension used all of those numbers!
    www.dynostep.com
    engine simulation software

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I demand one for Christmas, so I can go deep sea diving and listen to music. >_<"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Someone should tell Aquaman about this. I've heard that he's looking for an iPod Touch.
    21.5" iMac - iPhone 4 - iPod Nano 3rd gen - Time Capsule - TV 2 - iPad

Thread Information