New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

The New Apple Aquapod!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JetAv8r

JetAv8r is on a distinguished road

My wife used to own a First Gen 16gig Ipod Touch until 3 weeks ago when she decided to convert it into an Aquapod. After dropping her Ipod in the lake at night, we assumed it was junk. I dove down a week later and retrieved it so she could use the old case when she bought a new one eventually.

We were totally amazed when we found that IT STILL WORKED FINE AFTER A WEEK UNDERWATER!!! Screen looked and responded totally normal, battery held a charge, wifi/email/internet/music worked fine.

The Ipod was now very heavy, it must've been filled with water. I knew we were already on borrowed time. I told her to store it in a glass of water when she wasn't using it, as soon as it dried out inside, it would start to corrode much faster. Well, we got 3 weeks out of it before it stopped working, as we knew it would.

While I don't recommend anyone getting their Ipod wet, I just wanted to share an amazing story with all of you. RIP AQUAPOD!
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

I wonder if you could have saved it by draining it, then rinsing it in solvent which would dry without corrosion. Amazing story though.
QUOTE Thanks
Mickyfin

Mickyfin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 2.8

Thats quite impressive.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You could have tried sucking all the liquid out of it by putting it in some rice.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
JetAv8r

JetAv8r is on a distinguished road

I've had friends who've dropped their cell phones in a puddle, with the phone in the water for less than 3 seconds and the cell phone stopped working. So I assumed the Ipod was junk, even if I could have retrieved it from the lake the next morning.
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

Should have put it ion a bowl of rice (or anything that absorbs moisture). But that's crazy that it still worked after a week under water.

QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

mbohn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetAv8r View Post
I've had friends who've dropped their cell phones in a puddle, with the phone in the water for less than 3 seconds and the cell phone stopped working. So I assumed the Ipod was junk, even if I could have retrieved it from the lake the next morning.
I had a Motorola cell phone that I was carrying in my jacket pocket on a motorcycle ride. I went through a massive downpour. From that point on the keypad buttons along the left side worked erratically. Funny thing was, my boss's extension used all of those numbers!

www.dynostep.com
engine simulation software
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I demand one for Christmas, so I can go deep sea diving and listen to music. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
farmdreads

farmdreads can only hope to improve

Someone should tell Aquaman about this. I've heard that he's looking for an iPod Touch.

21.5" iMac - iPhone 4 - iPod Nano 3rd gen - Time Capsule - TV 2 - iPad
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod video stop working sound | iPod 5G Video Crashed? »