New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

16GB touch collectors item

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Just sitting here wondering after finding out that my other car a 82 model holden is shooting up in price, if the 2nd Gen 16GB iPod Touch's will go along the lines of being a collectors item or will be sort after in the future as they dont make a 16GB anymore.

What do others think ?? Will they become a classic iPod that people will be wanting because they dont make them?

Just thinking if i should keep it when im looking at upgrading to the iPhone next Gen when they finally release them

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I kind of doubt that the 16gig 2nd gen. iPod Touch will ever be a collector's item. There really isn't anything special about them. I know that Apple is no longer making the 16gig version...but that's not really special.

With iPod Touch's with less memory (8gig) and more memory (32gig)...it's just a "middle of the pack" product.

Even the 1993 Apple "Newton" (which was a much more innovative product)...is selling for $119 on eBay...and had an original price of $700.

I would say sell it ASAP...before it decreases in value.

Just my humble opinion,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Yea thanks pigoo ... Thought as much but cant help wondering... On anything electrical really, becoming a CLASSIC
Will keep it then but as i said i will wait until the next Gen iPhones come out then look at getting rid of it

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedmac View Post
Yea thanks pigoo ... Thought as much but cant help wondering... On anything electrical really, becoming a CLASSIC
Will keep it then but as i said i will wait until the next Gen iPhones come out then look at getting rid of it

Cheers
Of all of the Apple hardware that I've seen...very very few models actually increase in value over time...sometimes the best you can hope for is for a model (that is destined to be a collector's item)...to just hold it's value.

I can think of a few Apple products that fall into this category:

- "THE" original Mac
- the Apple "Lisa"
- The 20th Anniversary Mac holds up well..(but still sells for less than it sold for new)

Old Apple (or any electronics item) is more of a conversation piece than it's a collector's item (in terms of increasing in value).

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod touch + bluetooth | ipod video stop working sound »