New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Refurbished iPod Touch from China

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

So I decided to order a refurbished iPod Touch yesterday for my wife for Christmas.

Initially the delivery date was December 4th (which makes sense if the unit was coming from California via Fed Ex ground). But then I got the tracking info today...and it's shipping from China with a delivery date of December 7th.

This sort of surprised me. Not that Apple products are made in China...but that a "refurbished" unit was coming from China. I guess that I pretty much figured that a refurbished unit would come from the United States, or at least North America.

Using the logic that many refurbished units are customer returns or orders that were canceled.

Any thoughts?

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Well I'm scratching my head...wondering how I got my refurbished iPod Touch so fast.

According to the Fed Ex tracking info, the iPod left Shenzhen, China yesterday, and got to my place in Ohio this morning (overnight delivery)! Of course there are 13 hours time difference to factor in...but you don't "gain" time coming from China, you "lose" time.

And considering I took advantage of the free shipping (which is usually the slow method once the product hits the US)...free overnight shipping from China is pretty darn good!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
sonspot

sonspot is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook core 2 duo, 2 GHz, 2GB, 320GB HDD

lucky you. ordered on too. suck in toronto, am getting it until next week, should be have been here yesterday according to fedex
QUOTE Thanks
OnlyTimeWillTel

OnlyTimeWillTel can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: see sig...

Fedex is notoriously shady with shipping. I ordered an iPod Shuffle last winter. Took forever but it finally got to its destination. It was faulty and I was issued a replacement from Apple. Fedex left the replacement hanging from my mailbox out on the highway instead of bringing it down the driveway to my door.

More recently I had ordered something else (non-Apple product). It actually got to the local hub early, and they could have delivered it that day. Did they? Nope. Instead they left it sit at the hub for an extra day or two because it "wasn't due yet". Not even kidding, their own words when I called them. They had a chance to improve customer relations, instead, they just murdered their chances with everyone I know.

eMac 1.5ghz, 256mb ram, 40gb hdd, Sony cd burner
2g iPod Shuffle 1gb, 2g iPod Touch 16gb

<Rep is overrated>
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod touch stuck in recovery loop | Do they make this? »