New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

New iPod acting funny in my car?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JayZim17

JayZim17 is on a distinguished road

OK so I just picked up a new iPod Classic 160GB and in my dad's car and in my car we've both had iPod adapter chords installed in order to play our iPods. The chord also connects to the bottom of the iPod.

My question is when I plug my new iPod into the car the screen that shows up is kind of odd. It's basically the same as the screen when you plug it into your computer and it says "Do Not Disconnect" and what not except there's an Apple in the little orange circle at the top and the tracks that playing at the bottom. And basically it automatically goes straight into shuffle. The wheel, the menu, the play button, and the forward and backwards buttons are all disabled, I can only change the songs through the car's steering wheel.

I was just wondering what this was all about and if anyone has any experience with the same deal. It's not all entirely bad but it is kinda of a bummer to not be able to pick up the iPod when it's plugged in and still be able to search through songs that I'd like to hear. It basically means that I can't play and entire album at once and I'm automatically stuck in shuffle no matter what. Why?

Also kind of wondering if there was a way to disable this feature or if there was any reasoning behind why this screen automatically pops up when it's attached because it certainly is not a problem with older iPods.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Notes transfer from my ipod touch | recharging my ipod »